SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 25/26th Storm. Disco/OBS thread.

dmc76

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well,the struggle is real this winter so we might as well talk about another minor event. Trends actually look good for some parts. This system will have some decent moisture drawn up from the GOM as it deepens. Looks like a 1-3" event here. I actually just read the morning disco from MPX and they're thinking QPF may increase into advisory levels. I'm not buying that at this point. I've been burned before.

First and last call: 1.2"

Page 1 of the thread couldn't sound any more depressing. Lol.

Haha! it's the same thing. Over and over again... With the way we have had week-long pattern repeating themselves, my call is a rain or mix storm on Mondays, snowshowers Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Benign Thursdays, warmups Fridays through Sundays. Repeat.

Haha! it's the same thing. Over and over again... With the way we have had week-long pattern repeating themselves, my call is a rain or mix storm on Mondays, snowshowers Tuesdays and Wednesdays, Benign Thursdays, warmups Fridays through Sundays. Repeat.

Anyone thinking this Winter was going to contain widespread deep snow and sustained cold, clearly wasn't paying attention.  Winter will chug along with brief cold/mixed ass precip until Spring when it's suppose to start warming up... then ****will get cold as **** until Summer rolls in with a drought.

Going to be a nuisance system at most. If the low can somehow track 50 miles further south, but still manage to crank out a small deformation band, we may have something a little more in this area.

Not holding my breathe though.

Going to be a nuisance system at most. If the low can somehow track 50 miles further south, but still manage to crank out a small deformation band, we may have something a little more in this area.

Yeah definitely another forgettable system to be sure.  Reoccurring theme for 15-16 met winter in our sub.

000z European gives cause for hope.

850 temp at 000z Tue.at -2 across our area and low track appears to be headed for southern lake MI. Guess MKE disregards as NAM GFS and GEM a little warmer and further north with track.

GFS ensemble track looks close to Euro so would not throw out  what the Euro is indicating just yet.

Yeah definitely another forgettable system to be sure.  Reoccurring theme for 15-16 met winter in our sub.

To me the theme is dullsville followed by a historic system of some type every 30 -35 days. 11.2 inch record November snowfall followed a month later by record breaking 2" sleet storm. Next....

000z European gives cause for hope.

850 temp at 000z Tue.at -2 across our area and low track appears to be headed for southern lake MI. Guess MKE disregards as NAM GFS and GEM a little warmer and further north with track.

GFS ensemble track looks close to Euro so would not throw out  what the Euro is indicating just yet.

Looks like LOT might be siding with the EURO too.

FileL.png?rand=57412

12z NAM was a touch colder here.

namconus_asnow_ncus_21.png

Archived