Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The night just started folks. Few more scotches, few more jebwalks. Looking at 8am sleep time. 

yeah I'm hoping to get to about there too. then nap a few hours.. then pics all afternoon into evening. :P

+SNPL at BWI.. That's Snow / Sleet Mix for those non-METAR readers.

Doubt the sleet part is very significant. When the heaviest stuff rolled through here there was 'chunky' snow. It sure didn't seem like sleet but you can see little tiny fingers coming off the main area south so perhaps it was. Either way basically a non factor.

Unreal... 07z RAP gives 2"+ QPF between 2a and 8p Sat with still some more to go... mindboggling...

Edit: What in the actual f*ck is that... :yikes:

codnexlab.NEXRAD.LWX.N0Q.20160123.811.006ani.gif

I'm standing in my driveway waiting for it. I think I saw lightning to my SE. Not positive. I'm buzzed and having a blast lol.

Doubt the sleet part is very significant. When the heaviest stuff rolled through here there was 'chunky' snow. It sure didn't seem like sleet but you can see little tiny fingers coming off the main area south so perhaps it was. Either way basically a non factor.

No sleet imby. All snow

I agree, radar isn't showing mixing, but it was human augmented and they should be meteorologists and trained so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20k ft tops on some of that stuff. Looks like gravity waves in there too. Let's t-snow this bad boy up.

Don't know much about gravity waves - are they just a result of a very strong storm system or do they have effects on this next band in any way? I'm pumped at the chance to hear thunder...if it's going to happen now would be a great time

Archived