• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone was curios, some 00z NAM bufkit numbers

LGA - 53.5" ON 3.38" LE

EWR - 59.5" ON 3.58" LE

And the GRAND PRIZE WINNER

MMU - 61.2" ON 3.64" LE

I've been doing this a long time now and I've never seen anything like this, even from the NAM

Dare I ask for JFK?

LGA - 53.5" ON 3.38" LE

EWR - 59.5" ON 3.58" LE

MMU - 61.2" ON 3.64" LE

I've been doing this a long time now and I've never seen anything like this, even from the NAM

lol, wow.  Crazy QPFs with like 18:1 ratios

LGA - 53.5" ON 3.38" LE

EWR - 59.5" ON 3.58" LE

MMU - 61.2" ON 3.64" LE

Absolutely incredible...  Even if you cut LGA in half it's 26.75"

Wow CBS2 is calling for 9-15". That's such a bad forecast it's crazy. It's like they don't want to tell people that a huge storm is coming. 

They're absolutely clueless. Just disregard them and every other on-camera met unless it's Lee Goldberg (does he still do 11pm news on Channel 7?). 

Upton just upped amounts around NYC/Long Island to 18-24", that's about all we need to know 

They're absolutely clueless. Just disregard them and every other on-camera met unless it's Lee Goldberg (does he still do 11pm news on Channel 7?). 

Upton just upped amounts around NYC/Long Island to 18-24", that's about all we need to know 

I know to ignore them, but I can't imagine the problems that the city would have if they only think a foot of snow is coming. Apparently, mass transit will also be available. That's absurd. Buses will be stranded in the streets.  :lol:

Lee Goldberg still does the evening broadcasts and he also goes with 12-18 inches now.

Lee Goldberg was just on at 11pm. He is calling for 12-18" in NYC, LI, south shore of CT, RI, extending down to Jersey.

I know to ignore them, but I can't imagine the problems that the city would have if they only think a foot of snow is coming. Apparently, mass transit will also be available. That's absurd. Buses will be stranded in the streets.  :lol:

I think the city declared a snow emergency earlier today when it looked strongly like snow amounts were increasing. Mitchell Volk's a top notch met and he's the Sanitation Department's forecaster. 20"+ amounts are always tough to manage, but NYC has the resources. 

Wow CBS2 is calling for 9-15". That's such a bad forecast it's crazy. It's like they don't want to tell people that a huge storm is coming.

They want to cover their asses after Juno but it's much worse to under forecast amounts than the opposite and that's exactly what they're doing.

Lee Goldberg is closer to reality.

Archived