joxey
1/23-24 Randytastic Snowstorm Part 2 STORM MODE THREAD

BxEngine

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you are ready for this.

I'm working tomorrow :shiver:

The NAM has always been good at picking up on banding. The incredible thing about this is the NAM picked this up at the end of its run days ago and would not give in, at all

I remember people were saying that the Nam was off its rocker when it first showed this. Truly amazing that it kept on showing the same solution over and over again.

That's just incredible. That's 4-5" an hour stuff there.

There is a 6-8 hour window on the Nam that has enormous lift. With the wind potentially crushing the dendrites it will be like a sheet of white fogginess for hours.

Visibilities down to hundreds of feet.

Wind gusts well into moderate severe thunderstorm levels.

Prolly thunder and lightening you can't see because the 20k+ shelf of snow blocks it out.

Q4XZg5L.jpg

Some of you in that 6-8 hour window will get 24-30".

Meaning some of you will end up with 35-40".

If that death band happens.

And sadly someone to the NW/NMW maybe even 50 miles will get 1-3"

Remember when people were telling you to go home?

I fully admit I was one of them. Not that it would have mattered. His area is getting destroyed as well. 

My first inclination that something was up was when all of a sudden out of nowhere both the EPS and GEFS were better than their respective OPS. Of course the NAM and SREF never wavered. 

Well if this verifies, hats off to all of you who stuck with the NAM. But I think you have to admit that there's validity to being skeptical about the NAM when it is producing a dramatically different solution from other more reliable models. Even a year ago, it was blatently inaccurate ... and that wasn't the only occasion. I'd still be skeptical in a similar situation in the future. But let's hope it verifies!

Archived