Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can it snow tomorrow, the sun is out at my office in RTP. 

Meanwhile: I don't have kids so I don't usually pay attention to the school closures, but is it unusual that so far Wake/Durham counties haven't called for closures? I only see Orange so far. 

(One of these sentences was sarcastic.)

You think I should go further north ? NWS is saying close to a foot possible in NE GA.

Told ya last night Winchester is the place to be. Just got home, packed last night, about to load up and hit the road. Should be on 85 crossing the boarder around 8. Feel pretty good this will eclipse what we saw in DC in Feb 10, that was a 22-24" type deal. This may be the most snow I will ever see fall as I have no plans to move to Tughill Plateau. If this was a 12-18" storm I would likely stay back, these days I need a high prob 2' to pull the trigger, still Hunting for that elusive 36" over 36hours.

Told ya last night Winchester is the place to be. Just got home, packed last night, about to load up and hit the road. Should be on 85 crossing the boarder around 8. Feel pretty good this will eclipse what we saw in DC in Feb 10, that was a 22-24" type deal. This may be the most snow I will ever see fall as I have no plans to move to Tughill Plateau. If this was a 12-18" storm I would likely stay back, these days I need a high prob 2' to pull the trigger, still Hunting for that elusive 36" over 36hours.

Good day from MCAS Cherry Point..... waited a bit for a banter to ask your professional opinion on MBY question.  Will the low bomb out farther based on the most recent models for us Jarheads to see snow?

Good day from MCAS Cherry Point..... waited a bit for a banter to ask your professional opinion on MBY question.  Will the low bomb out farther based on the most recent models for us Jarheads to see snow?

Semper Fi, this Marine is going to say no, low is going to track north along the OBX. Eastern NC needs it about 150 miles off Hatteras, depending on strength, tracking ENE out to Sea. I do think there will be scattered snow showers on Saturday with probabilities for accumulating type increasing the farther north you go, but anywhere from Wilmington to Havelock is fair game to see Dendrites on the backside.

Semper Fi, this Marine is going to say no, low is going to track north along the OBX. Eastern NC needs it about 150 miles off Hatteras, depending on strength, tracking ENE out to Sea. I do think there will be scattered snow showers on Saturday with probabilities for accumulating type increasing the farther north you go, but anywhere from Wilmington to Havelock is fair game to see Dendrites on the backside.

Semper Fi and good luck tpo everyone else... Moving on to the next line in the sand.... maybe next storm

Thanks WeatherNC

Archived