• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

I feel like I've been seeing a lot of posts about a cold shot coming later next week, but to me it looks more like a cool down to average temperatures. It looks like the brunt of the cold will unload over the plains and midwest, and then modify as it heads east. 

been like that all winter, that so called great january pattern flip really was a weeks worth of winter other wise most of the month was above normal

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you must have a south facing yard, my parents house up the street from must have 10-12 in there front yard still(north side of the house)

Most of the yard faces East.

I should say though that the South facing areas do have a lot less than the North areas like you were talking about.

Juliancolton, on 01 Feb 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

Meh... I'm going down with the ship. It was such a long, monotonous summer last year that I'm really not ready for warm wx yet.

When it does snow, hopefully it's enough that we don't feel cheated out of futility records.

Found it interesting that POU had the same mean temp for Jan as my station down this way...snowcover did the trick.

I am really enjoying this mild weather Feels great to go out without a jacket today. I am not throwing in the towel yet. I would rather be in an above normal temp pattern but with threats for snow than to have it super cold and watch the coast get buried. Gee, I can't remember when that happened....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Meh... I'm going down with the ship. It was such a long, monotonous summer last year that I'm really not ready for warm wx yet.

When it does snow, hopefully it's enough that we don't feel cheated out of futility records.

Yeah, I remember summer weather extending well into September with highs in the 80s most of the month. I need one big snowstorm before we climb back up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wouldn't that just figure.  The day I'm supposed to fly out for an interview for the best job prospect I've had in two months...

Yep, a great setup especially for the HV. When was the last time you saw a storm from the GOM climb all the way up the eastern seaboard? I wouldn't expect it to verify as now depicted but it would be nice for a change.

it truly is wild to see that about 90% of the northeast is extremely below normal for snowfall and we are now in February. NEPA thru the HV intO most of NE are having one of the worst snow seasons in recent memory. To even think that NYC has more snow to date than most ski resorts is truly comical. Enough already... Bring on spring!!

it truly is wild to see that about 90% of the northeast is extremely below normal for snowfall and we are now in February. NEPA thru the HV intO most of NE are having one of the worst snow seasons in recent memory. To even think that NYC has more snow to date than most ski resorts is truly comical. Enough already... Bring on spring!!

61 for a high yesterday and 56 today, I think spring is already here.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived