joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a recon trip this morning, taking rt 94 into NY state.

Goshen, NY - 1-2 inches

Florida, NY - 4 inches north of down, 6-7 inches south of town.

Between Florida, NY & Warwick is where the snow increased every mile.

Warwick, NY - a few miles north of the town is where the 12 inch mark was located.

Warwick, NY - was whacked hard. more snow as you moved from the town center back towards the NJ state line.

I assume you took 17A as well into Goshen. I had two reliable reports from Goshen, one of 3" slightly north of the village and one of 4" slightly southeast. Crazy cut offs for sure.

I assume you took 17A as well into Goshen. I had two reliable reports from Goshen, one of 3" slightly north of the village and one of 4" slightly southeast. Crazy cut offs for sure.

I didn't get to do my drive around today.. Decided to drive down to Sapporo I mean NYC to do some OT. I have to drive NNE before heading SE. When I hit Middletown I already noticed a drop off to around 1" or so then started to increase again as I headed down 17M toward 17. Once in the blooming grove area you can see massive differences. I live about 3-4 miles SW of the city of Middletown. I have 3-4".. Took about 10 different measurements and had about 6 that equaled 4" while the other 4 came out to about 3.4-3.8..

Just recently purchased a mountain house near tannersville. Been hoping for a great northern storm to break it in. Hopefully you all get yours soon, and I will make the drive up

Tannersville is an incredible area. That 2010 storm gave them 5-8ft up there in 3 days. Check out kaaterskill falls and the north south lake hiking it's amazing

Tannersville is an incredible area. That 2010 storm gave them 5-8ft up there in 3 days. Check out kaaterskill falls and the north south lake hiking it's amazing

Will do, can't wait for our northern snow storm. I have heard they are epic

Was thinking and All time top 5 shaft jobs in last 10 years drum roll...

1. Jan 27-27 2015

2. Jan 22-23 2016

3. Feb 11-12 2006

4. Dec 19-20 2009

5. Feb 25-26 2010/ jan 21-22 2014

Where are you geographically that you were shafted by the Feb 26 2010 storm. I'm in eastern Orange County in highland mills and I received 35 inches from that storm. Are you east of the Hudson ? As I remember that was pretty much the scroo you zone. Danbury was like 8 inches and I believe Boston had all rain. That's my second favorite storm all time behind Jan 96.

Where are you geographically that you were shafted by the Feb 26 2010 storm. I'm in eastern Orange County in highland mills and I received 35 inches from that storm. Are you east of the Hudson ? As I remember that was pretty much the scroo you zone. Danbury was like 8 inches and I believe Boston had all rain. That's my second favorite storm all time behind Jan 96.

yup about 10miles east of the Hudson mixed for hours on hours probably had 8-10" slop while beacon got 20-24". How much did you get in 96?

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived