joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now give up on this winter for us North of 84. That's it. Either flurries or rain rest of the way given the 84 barrier. Being so close to big snow yet being denied, this is now, and don't see things changing, the worst winter as a snow lover I have ever experienced. May it die a quick death with a warm and sunny Spring soon, please God.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Next weekend is starting to look absolutely frigid on a lot of the models. I'm one of the few here who would choose a bitterly cold day almost as much as a snowstorm, so that look definitely makes me happy. My poor rink has been up for about a month and I think I've used it 5 times. 

As far as the snow goes, I was up at 5 and noticed that the DP in Poughkeepsie dropped 5 degrees with winds gusting easily over 30 mph as the snow was on the doorstep and figured that was the dagger. Nothing at my house, but there's a coating and light snow ongoing at my job in Fishkill. My seasonal total will remain at just shy of 2". 

Next weekend is starting to look absolutely frigid on a lot of the models. I'm one of the few here who would choose a bitterly cold day almost as much as a snowstorm, so that look definitely makes me happy. My poor rink has been up for about a month and I think I've used it 5 times.

As far as the snow goes, I was up at 5 and noticed that the DP in Poughkeepsie dropped 5 degrees with winds gusting easily over 30 mph as the snow was on the doorstep and figured that was the dagger. Nothing at my house, but there's a coating and light snow ongoing at my job in Fishkill. My seasonal total will remain at just shy of 2".

Im a big cold weather fan too.

Thanks to all for the road reports. I just got the alert that 293 is closed with multiple accidents, not surprising. I'll join in appreciating some bitter cold next weekend. Anything if interest is appreciated this winter which continues a long stretch of lame weather IMBY

28.0 degrees in Highland Mills and down to flurries.

3.1 inches for the final tally. Pretty much all of it in a 3-4 hour time frame. 10 miles to the north less than an inch.

It's getting scary riding this fine line every storm and again sympathies to my HV friends from about 5 miles south of I84 and north.

I now give up on this winter for us North of 84. That's it. Either flurries or rain rest of the way given the 84 barrier. Being so close to big snow yet being denied, this is now, and don't see things changing, the worst winter as a snow lover I have ever experienced. May it die a quick death with a warm and sunny Spring soon, please God.

It sucks majorly, but from a meteorological point of view, it's fascinating for NYC and Long Island to have 7 or 8 times as much snow as Albany in the warmest met. winter ever. That kind of absurdity demands respect.

It sucks majorly, but from a meteorological point of view, it's fascinating for NYC and Long Island to have 7 or 8 times as much snow as Albany in the warmest met. winter ever. That kind of absurdity demands respect.

It doesn't make sense! lol.. Remember all the calls "interior winter incoming"?

From that perspective, as Spock would say with a raised eyebrow and an emotionless face, "Fascinating".

I think it has something to do with the gulf stream being a few miles further east than the last couple of years and a couple of degrees warmer too.  Seems like the low centers are following that ribbon.  Maybe after the melt from the big storm and all the rain the other day then the melt from this will cool it down just a bit...

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived