joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing is for sure is that if it were reversed and we were getting nailed repeatedly and the folks South and East had rain storm after storm, this entire forum would be in such an uproar to shut it down.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would be frustrated, but I wouldn't let it bother me that much.  I like Summer way better than Winter, and I've watched tons of T-Storms miss me by miles.  Weather is weather and it will do what it wants regardless of what we want it to.

This week has some chances for us all, and next weekend looks very cold.  We still have plenty of time

I would be frustrated, but I wouldn't let it bother me that much. I like Summer way better than Winter, and I've watched tons of T-Storms miss me by miles. It sucks, but it's not worth gettting mad about. Weather is weather and it will do what it wants regardless of what we want it to.

This week has some chances for us all, and next weekend looks very cold. We still have plenty of time

I apologize for my ranting. But, it's just been shaft city up here for too long. I just love snow too much and I wish I didn't. I am such a weenie. Can't control it, I know and I need to let it go. It is fascinating to watch what is happening right now from a met perspective with so many players.

I apologize for my ranting. But, it's just been shaft city up here for too long. I just love snow too much and I wish I didn't. I am such a weenie. Can't control it, I know and I need to let it go. It is fascinating to watch what is happening right now from a met perspective with so many players.

Get in your car and become a snow chaser

It's fine.  I'm not a big Winter fan like I said, so it wouldn't be as big a deal for me as it is for you to not have snow.  Hopefully you do end up getting a nice storm to enjoy up there :snowing:

Right now my thinking is 1-3" for the HV. If an IVT does set up and park overhead then 6" amounts are not out of the question. I have no idea why soo many are hung up on this coastal. We need a drastic shift to have any major effects from it even for LI.

Looking at all layers, snow growth and ratios should be substantially better than 10:1, if the GGEM or ukmet were to verify, someone in the LHV is gettin 6-10

Get used to it. It's the new norm.

This is a year like no other no doubt, but I don't think it's a new norm.

The HV should still get their 45-65 inches of snow most years, what has changed however is regions that never saw those types of seasonal snowfall annually are now joining the party, especially LI and coastal NJ.

03z HRRR gives most us 1-3" by tomorrow 1pm

There's a decent band modeled on the western edge of the precipitation shield which leads to those totals. We'll have to see if that actually sets up, and if it does, where. 

You can see it from Orange County down through Central NJ here tomorrow morning.

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_11.png

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived