joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro continues it's very cold look this weekend. Will have to keep an eye on NYC dropping below zero for the first time in forever. Then a very juicy inland runner for the Tuesday/Wednesday time frame (3-4" QPF over Central NY and PA). Verbatim would be snow to rain, but a lot of time for it to change. Definitely has potential. 

Euro continues it's very cold look this weekend. Will have to keep an eye on NYC dropping below zero for the first time in forever. Then a very juicy inland runner for the Tuesday/Wednesday time frame (3-4" QPF over Central NY and PA). Verbatim would be snow to rain, but a lot of time for it to change. Definitely has potential.

Would much rather be a snow to rain situation this far out than be a pure snow look. With arctic air retreating, the potential is high, especially if NAO rising.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last 4-5 runs of the HRRR focuses precip max in NEPA over toward Sullivan county. Shows practically no precip for NYC eastward. Its obviously gonna be wrong lol

There's a nice area of almost convective like snow over central NY now which correlates to an enhanced area of lift on the 00z NAM. Seems like this lift moves towards NEPA and Sullivan as you said before dissipating later on. Might give a few of you an inch or two. I doubt the rest of us see that much tonight.

There's a nice area of almost convective like snow over central NY now which correlates to an enhanced area of lift on the 00z NAM. Seems like this lift moves towards NEPA and Sullivan as you said before dissipating later on. Might give a few of you an inch or two. I doubt the rest of us see that much tonight.

I would welcome that with open arms! I need 1.3" to break into double digits lol woohoo. Sad

Next week still looks interesting. Euro has the big rain storm on Tuesday but definitely some spread on the ensembles. GEFS has a similar type of system, though not as warm (50's vs 30's). It'd be quite the turnaround to go from possible single digit highs on Sunday to the 50's a couple days later. 

.3" this morning, bringing my season total to 5.1". Right where I want to be, the second half of winter will be rocking! Have you guys seen the GFS at hour 417??? Phenomenal!

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/poughkeepsie-ny/12601/daily-weather-forecast/329668?day=25

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived