joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just plain nuts. February 4th..... it's the heart of winter. You'd expect it to be cold. Instead, I have my windows open and a fan running. 52° at 3:00 in the morning. :wacko:

Definitely different. Thankfully the mass of weenies to our south got a snowstorm or this board would be unbearable. Odds are that I'll nickel and dime myself to a double digit season total. As much as I love snow it would be interesting to not get those nickes and dimes and end the season with a super low total.

Definitely different. Thankfully the mass of weenies to our south got a snowstorm or this board would be unbearable. Odds are that I'll nickel and dime myself to a double digit season total. As much as I love snow it would be interesting to not get those nickes and dimes and end the season with a super low total.

You've mailed it in already, haven't you?

You've mailed it in already, haven't you?

Yeah, you could say that.  I'm a snowpack guy and love blowing and drifting snow.  The past couple of years was pretty good for me with that.  Its clear that isn't going to happen this year, my yard is relatively dry, not too much mud, it's just about ready for a clean up. Once I get to March 1 I tend to start thinking spring anyway, seasons in season, LOL.  Of course if something developed I'll be interested as I love storms and weather in general.   

Looks like the event tomorrow will for the most part miss the HV and hit mostly the jersey shore and NYC and LI.

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't getting really annoying and I have it better than most. I managed 12 inches from Jonas but when NYC gets 30 inches from the same storm it doesn't feel like a victory.

Oh for the good old days when it seemed every winter storm forecast on news radio 88 and 1010 wins ended with, "and much higher totals north and west of the city".

Looks like the event tomorrow will for the most part miss the HV and hit mostly the jersey shore and NYC and LI.

I'd be lying if I said this wasn't getting really annoying and I have it better than most. I managed 12 inches from Jonas but when NYC gets 30 inches from the same storm it doesn't feel like a victory.

Oh for the good old days when it seemed every winter storm forecast on news radio 88 and 1010 wins ended with, "and much higher totals north and west of the city".

I expect an inch or 2 of snow possibly at my house looking at the most recent guidance.

If we get precip, it will snow. Don't expect any rain.

Are you saying we should expect negative amounts of snow? :pimp:   

I'm curious as to what Upton updates to in their evening package. 

LOL that reminds me of the Billy Preston song " nothing from nothing". They could put in a chance of light snow with up to 1". To be on the safe side. We'll see.

Edit:  Here is my point and click forecast

Tonight
Snow likely after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Wind chill values between 25 and 30. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Friday
Snow likely before 9am. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 38. Wind chill values between 25 and 30. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

18z GPS has a plowable strip along the Highlands from Animal to MBY

Going to be interesting to see what occurs.

18 GFS shows around 3-5 inches in my area.

Short rate models look like a few inches is possible too.

Mt Holly NWS going with 1 inch of snow.

Temp has dropped to 38F. Any precip should be snow.

Going to tune in for the model runs tonight for you.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived