joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's ok it will be good for you.  Move on to the sunny side :)  If we get a snowstorm great!  If not, go ride a bike or play golf.  Sometime in the pretty near future I will be in your neighborhood, I need to do a few laps at Lippman Park with my daughter before race season.  I'll let you know so maybe we can finally meet and go for a bike ride.

Hahha^^ it happens when your desperate for more than 4"

I'd gladly except a big storm, I'm just done tracking lol

My wife's had enough too

I get it. it changes your persona.

My personal comment towards you a week or so back was tounge and cheek comment dealing with model runs. (still think i was right Ha)

I personally get a little too emotionally set  in daily weather according to my wife.

Something I am working on.

Another bad winter, I am moving to Park  City, UT part-time.

I get it. it changes your persona.

My personal comment towards you a week or so back was tounge and cheek comment dealing with model runs. (still think i was right Ha)

I personally get a little too emotionally set in daily weather according to my wife.

Something I am working on.

Another bad winter, I am moving to Park City, UT part-time.

All good dude, I like your posts.... I get caught in the "chase".... This winter has been especially brutal.. Most winters the "chase" is day 2-4.... And usually trends better for our areas... This season there has been soooo many threats that fall apart in 3-4 day time frame... Even for the coast.. If not for the blizzard we would all be in meltdown mode ;)

I get heated a bit cause I'm passionate and love this crap, after the arguments over I move on tho

Ant says HECS in March so I guess I'll wait for that ;)

^^ I've officially checked out... I said I was putting all my chips on the table for this one, it ain't happening... I'm ready for pool season, and makin that money

A smart decision and I am making the same one. Rather than have this extended fall continue to drive me to near madness I am throwing in the towel on what has been to this point the most disappointing and frustrating winter I have ever experienced.

I suppose I am hoping in the recesses of my mind that somehow this capitulation will bring about a March that miraculously brings the grade for this winter season from an F to a C-. To do that it would have to be a fairly historic March. I'm certainly not expecting it.

What sort of thing can we expect locally in a Nina winter?

I think it depends on strength. Strong Ninas favor cutters and warmth while weaker ones are better for snow. LA Nina winters deliver a lot for the Pacific NW I know that, so with more frequent western troughs, ridging out here would be common, especially in strong ones.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

A smart decision and I am making the same one. Rather than have this extended fall continue to drive me to near madness I am throwing in the towel on what has been to this point the most disappointing and frustrating winter I have ever experienced.

I suppose I am hoping in the recesses of my mind that somehow this capitulation will bring about a March that miraculously brings the grade for this winter season from an F to a C-. To do that it would have to be a fairly historic March. I'm certainly not expecting it.

It's been absolutely pathetic. We are either too far north and west or too far south and east NYC had a historic snow, but we have had a winter of historic screw jobs. I have never ever experienced a winter with such shafting left and right incessantly, as if truly there was a larger force at play in preventing snow. I am simply in disbelief and bitter as hell.

It's been absolutely pathetic. We are either too far north and west or too far south and east NYC had a historic snow, but we have had a winter of historic screw jobs. I have never ever experienced a winter with such shafting left and right incessantly, as if truly there was a larger force at play in preventing snow. I am simply in disbelief and bitter as hell.

I really laugh when I read all these winter laments. We have come through a period in recent years locally where we have gotten more snow annually than my house up in Lake George. There is a 30 year average for a reason. Sometimes, averages are reached by periods of extremes. This is just nature evening things out.

Please don't get violent, it's only snow :)

I agree with Westmt- We have had plenty of low/no snow winters in the past. What everybody seems to forget is that it's really only the last 20 years that have been so good. There was a long period of time where a storm over 6" was something really special and there were a few winters where 15" totals weren't reached. Enjoy what you get (or don't get) and learn the science behind why.

Please don't get violent, it's only snow :)

I agree with Westmt- We have had plenty of low/no snow winters in the past. What everybody seems to forget is that it's really only the last 20 years that have been so good. There was a long period of time where a storm over 6" was something really special and there were a few winters where 15" totals weren't reached. Enjoy what you get (or don't get) and learn the science behind why.

Not so violently agree. ;)

Snow lovers have been spoiled in recent years and the younger fans know much more feast rather than the famine years.

I really laugh when I read all these winter laments. We have come through a period in recent years locally where we have gotten more snow annually than my house up in Lake George. There is a 30 year average for a reason. Sometimes, averages are reached by periods of extremes. This is just nature evening things out.

This..

I have been through many feasts and famines as far as winters, but never a winter where we come close but no cigar so consistently. I am not as upset as my post would indicate above and realize that we have enjoyed some great snowpack over some recent years and we will again. I am more negatively dumbfounded as to how we missed the blizzard by a hair and other subsequent events. This winter wouldn't have bothered me as much if everyone in the NE got screwed.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived