• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

I am not even worried about a HECS, MECS or even a SECS..  Just give me a 4-6" snowfall and I would be happy! Can't even get a single storm to get us over 1.5" this season.    Somebody in the NE forum (eduggs I think) posted some stats on Albany being 8.5" season to date with no single snowfall over 2.  That is beyond shocking.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am happy to havr enjoyed a lot snow the last two seasons and honestly the lack of snow in and of itself this year would not be bothering me so much if places just to to our south were in the same boat. It's the repeated shaft jobs that are really hard to take. But, take we must and just enjoy what we can. I am enjoying the snow falling right now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am happy to havr enjoyed a lot snow the last two seasons and honestly the lack of snow in and of itself this year would not be bothering me so much if places just to to our south were in the same boat. It's the repeated shaft jobs that are really hard to take. But, take we must and just enjoy what we can. I am enjoying the snow falling right now.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

agree but this is isn't just a below avg type year this is one of the worst in history for these parts. 2011-2012 was also awful

agree but this is isn't just a below avg type year this is one of the worst in history for these parts. 2011-2012 was also awful

It is the worst since I have lived here, that's for sure.  It is just incapable of snowing.  Seems like there is an invisible dome sitting over the HV valley that is preventing the atmosphere from precipitating moisture.

That satellite pic of the snowless HV says it all.  No "with higher amounts N and W of the city" comments made by the weather outlets this year!

Ok, rant over.  Enjoy the snow/sleet/ice/rain folks!

I'd like to see some storms up at Donner Pass

I've said it before but, I saw the heaviest snowfall rates ever when I lived in Tahoe.  Jan 1993 was absolutely incredible, we had one storm that gave us (on the south shore) rates of 12"/hr for 4 hours and just above Incline Village at Diamond Peak (N Shore) had 15"/hr for a little over 4 hours.  I got home from work around 9am and shoveled the snow down to about 2 feet in front of the house and laid down to take a nap.  Woke up a little after noon and the snow was up to the bottom of the window and by 4pm had gone over the window and the house went dark.  Total snowfall for that ~30 hours was 128"!!!

We had 15+ foot snowbanks along the driveway and the plow pile at the top of the driveway was nearly 30 feet high and lasted until Memorial Day weekend (I tarped it at the end of march) when we had a huge bbq and snowball fight.  Then it finally warmed up for a few weeks but got cold again the end of June and we had two more storms that gave us almost 30 more inches.

I've said it before but, I saw the heaviest snowfall rates ever when I lived in Tahoe. Jan 1993 was absolutely incredible, we had one storm that gave us (on the south shore) rates of 12"/hr for 4 hours and just above Incline Village at Diamond Peak (N Shore) had 15"/hr for a little over 4 hours. I got home from work around 9am and shoveled the snow down to about 2 feet in front of the house and laid down to take a nap. Woke up a little after noon and the snow was up to the bottom of the window and by 4pm had gone over the window and the house went dark. Total snowfall for that ~30 hours was 128"!!!

We had 15+ foot snowbanks along the driveway and the plow pile at the top of the driveway was nearly 30 feet high and lasted until Memorial Day weekend (I tarped it at the end of march) when we had a huge bbq and snowball fight. Then it finally warmed up for a few weeks but got cold again the end of June and we had two more storms that gave us almost 30 more inches.

Now we're talking!

Now.  Just changed here a few minutes ago.  Pingers bouncing off the windows.  Still 22*.

Nov/Dec 1994 at Grand Targhee we had 400".  First snow was on 11/17-18, by the end of the month we had 198" then December it snowed nearly every day through the 24th and we ended up with 200".  The skiing was absofugginlutely awesome.  A top o' the boots day was a day to take off and do laundry because it was just routine.

Ice?  Yeah it's super icy on anything that's been cleared.  I did a quick scrape of the driveway and turned what would have abeen a thick block of ice into a thin sheet.  Within seconds of scraping a section it would lock up turn sketchy.  

2-2.5", 20 minutes of driving sleet and now it been raining with a few flakes still mixed in for nearly an hour with the temp steady at 22*.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived