Upton latest thinking..  

And the WWA

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM MONDAY TO 7 AM EST

TUESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER

ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND FREEZING RAIN...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 1

PM MONDAY TO 7 AM EST TUESDAY.

* LOCATIONS...INTERIOR PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT AND THE

LOWER HUDSON VALLEY...AND WESTERN PASSAIC AND BERGEN COUNTIES.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW AND FREEZING RAIN.

* ACCUMULATIONS...SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES...ALONG WITH

UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE.

* TIMING...SNOW DEVELOPS MONDAY AFTERNOON...THEN GRADUALLY MIXES

WITH AND CHANGES TO FREEZING RAIN...THEN RAIN BY EARLY TUESDAY

MORNING.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it starts snowing tomorrow, I will pretend it's the start of an epic two day blizzard and that we are under blizzard warnings for 24-30 inches. Yup, that's what I will believe. I will enjoy my fantasy until reality hits me in the gut on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The Blizzard was fun while it lasted but I'm over it.  Yeah it snowed really hard all day and was really windy, but after that was hours of shovelling and snowblowing, and it was gone in a week anyway.

8F here

The Blizzard was fun while it lasted but I'm over it. Yeah it snowed really hard all day and was really windy, but after that was hours of shovelling and snowblowing, and it was gone in a week anyway.

8F here

That reminds me of the debate if you are going to get 48" in a season would you prefer two 24" storms, eight 6" storms, etc. I'd prefer a bunch of smaller snowfalls because it would more more days of snow and a better snowpack.

That reminds me of the debate if you are going to get 48" in a season would you prefer two 24" storms, eight 6" storms, etc. I'd prefer a bunch of smaller snowfalls because it would more more days of snow and a better snowpack.

Yeah, I'd say depending on the season, one big one would be nice, like say 16 inches, followed by smaller ones for the rest of the season.  I'd even throw in a late March, maybe early April storm, just because.  2nd Week of April is the cutoff though, after that, bring on Spring.

Yeah, I'd say depending on the season, one big one would be nice, like say 16 inches, followed by smaller ones for the rest of the season.  I'd even throw in a late March, maybe early April storm, just because.  2nd Week of April is the cutoff though, after that, bring on Spring.

Agree with one landmark storm plus a slew of minor to moderate events, evenly spaced throughout the heart of the season.

When it starts snowing tomorrow, I will pretend it's the start of an epic two day blizzard and that we are under blizzard warnings for 24-30 inches. Yup, that's what I will believe. I will enjoy my fantasy until reality hits me in the gut on Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That kind of thing lost its punch after this debacle...

uzRQ4uG.png

Yeah, I'd say depending on the season, one big one would be nice, like say 16 inches, followed by smaller ones for the rest of the season. I'd even throw in a late March, maybe early April storm, just because. 2nd Week of April is the cutoff though, after that, bring on Spring.

I agree with one bigger storm and I'll trade you late March/early April for late Nov/early December.

Agree with one landmark storm plus a slew of minor to moderate events, evenly spaced throughout the heart of the season.

That kind of thing lost its punch after this debacle...

uzRQ4uG.png

I have my point and click from a day before this storm.  Oh the let down that was lol.  And yeah, evenly spacing out the storms makes for an interesting season.

I agree with one bigger storm and I'll trade you late March/early April for late Nov/early December.

Yeah, early season snow is great.  The reason I say late March, even early April, is because I love Spring snow even more.  I know it disappears quickly, but there's nothing like it.

Yeah id love a snowy holiday season, id take that and then come march 10th or so, warm and dry. Maybe rain every monday to get the fairways and greens softer. Lol

lol.. It has snowed here almost every night this past week. 

Welcome to the board! Whereabouts in Middletown?

We spoke a little over a week ago-- I live off of Pilgrims Corner, before u go back down to 211. I was guy in favorite storm thread who was backpacking in Catskills during superstorm93. I don't post often but I'm learning more--hope to contribute some analysis someday. We'll see how quick the warm air comes in tomorrow PM...

lol.. It has snowed here almost every night this past week. 

Welcome to the board! Whereabouts in Middletown?

We spoke a little over a week ago-- I live off of Pilgrims Corner, before u go back down to 211. I was guy in favorite storm thread who was backpacking in Catskills during superstorm93. I don't post often but I'm learning more--hope to contribute some analysis someday. We'll see how quick the warm air comes in tomorrow PM...

Ah ok yes I rememeber now. Im thinking 3-5" before a change to zr. Plain rain will prob be delayed till after daybreak tuesday.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived