joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that far fetched.. Despite what some people are saying... A weaker LP, stronger eastern kicker, gives us moderate, back to back events as oppose to 1 major event, with a snow to rain slop... Wouldn't be he first

I'm not sure but I believe this is a similar setup to Valentine's Day two years ago. HV did very well in that one on front and backend with long lull in between.

Valentine's Day 2014 was a great storm here. I had 16 inches.

Almost 14" here.  That one was really unique because after the changover, we had freezing rain while there was plain rain in NW NJ and Orange County, which really frosted some weenies.  Still not sure why or how that happened, but North Central LI stayed at or below freezing all day in some anomalous little bubble of cold air.

post-290-0-37717900-1455328877_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure but I believe this is a similar setup to Valentine's Day two years ago. HV did very well in that one on front and backend with long lull in between.

One of my favorite storms here. Ended up with over 20". Had something like 10-11" on the front end, then a lull, then round 2 overnight. During the night, a mesolow formed over our area and really enhanced snowfall rates. 

http://www.nycareaweather.com/archives/february-13-2014/

Almost 14" here.  That one was really unique because after the changover, we had freezing rain while there was plain rain in NW NJ and Orange County, which really frosted some weenies.  Still not sure why or how that happened, but North Central LI stayed at or below freezing all day in some anomalous little bubble of cold air.

attachicon.gif20140214SnowIce-028es1000.jpg

Yeah that was a crazy storm. I remember we already had a big snowpack, so this one just added to it. Incredibly deep and long lasting snow depth that winter. Pretty cold too.

Almost 14" here. That one was really unique because after the changover, we had freezing rain while there was plain rain in NW NJ and Orange County, which really frosted some weenies. Still not sure why or how that happened, but North Central LI stayed at or below freezing all day in some anomalous little bubble of cold air.

20140214SnowIce-028es1000.jpg

Nice picture but your reference to what happened in Orange County is off base. We had 10 inches from the front end of that storm and 11 on the back end. No one in Orange County felt gyped getting 21 inches of snow.

Almost 14" here. That one was really unique because after the changover, we had freezing rain while there was plain rain in NW NJ and Orange County, which really frosted some weenies. Still not sure why or how that happened, but North Central LI stayed at or below freezing all day in some anomalous little bubble of cold air.

20140214SnowIce-028es1000.jpg

I don't remember changing to rain here.. About 20" here

Picked up a dusting overnight.

NWS giving me -10F for tonight, which is nothing less than astonishing given how mixed-out the BL will be. The HRRR gets most of us below zero by 5 pm. This is manly cold - just a shame it's so short-lived.

Hrrr is knarly.

Picked up 0.2 inches of now this morning.

Have around  1.5 to 2 inches of snow in the yard.

Current temp is 13.7

Low was 11.9F earlier this morning.

Going to call a bottom of 7 below zero at my location.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived