• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

LOL looks like another storm where the heavier precipitation will struggle to get north, that is of course, until it is too warm to snow, and then watch it flood us with heavy rain.

Can't even score a good result with a front-end thump event that we normally specialize in. Watch NYC and LI get 2-3" while we look at 1" and an icy mess.

So funny, what a meh winter.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL looks like another storm where the heavier precipitation will struggle to get north, that is of course, until it is too warm to snow, and then watch it flood us with heavy rain.

Can't even score a good result with a front-end thump event that we normally specialize in. Watch NYC and LI get 2-3" while we look at 1" and an icy mess.

So funny, what a meh winter.

Stringing together consecutive subzero nights might be the crowning achievement in an otherwise lackluster winter.

Anyhow, looking at recent runs of the HRRR, it definitely shows some cold air damning in the valleys overnight, so we might go right from snow to ice then to dryslot until the next round moves in as rain. 

Stringing together consecutive subzero nights might be the crowning achievement in an otherwise lackluster winter.

Anyhow, looking at recent runs of the HRRR, it definitely shows some cold air damning in the valleys overnight, so we might go right from snow to ice then to dryslot until the next round moves in as rain. 

Yes, more likely than not it is an icy mess and we dry slot. Tends to be how these things go.

Every time it has snowed this year, it has been like watching a worn out engine choke and splutter.  It can never seem to get it's act together.  

Roll on spring.  I am with IrishRob.. I look forward to grass greening up, warmer days, and tracking the forsythia bloom!

Yes, more likely than not it is an icy mess and we dry slot. Tends to be how these things go.

Every time it has snowed this year, it has been like watching a worn out engine choke and splutter.  It can never seem to get it's act together.  

Roll on spring.  I am with IrishRob.. I look forward to grass greening up, warmer days, and tracking the forsythia bloom!

You know you can cut the forsythia, bring them in, put them in water and in a couple weeks, they will bloom. It definitely gives a nice spring like feel to the house.

I am totally fine with spring too. I said about 10 days ago that if we didn't have anything significant by 2/15, that I was closing the shades on this winter. I got a nice cold weekend to use my backyard rink which is the one thing I really wanted prior to a warm-up. I do have to get to Newburgh Brewing, though, to try their Spruce saison. I was a big fan of their spruce porter last winter, and I think this is their follow-up. 

Every time it has snowed this year, it has been like watching a worn out engine choke and splutter. It can never seem to get it's act together.

Roll on spring. I am with IrishRob.. I look forward to grass greening up, warmer days, and tracking the forsythia bloom!

I am right with you both.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Upton bumped up totals.. Updated 1:32PM

Interesting.

I was just about to post that I'm not seeing much inroads on the radar into the HV. The ENE trajectory isn't to promising right now.

I suppose I'll have to trust the models and actually believe it will snow moderately here at some point today. I mean when have the models ever steered us wrong?

You know you can cut the forsythia, bring them in, put them in water and in a couple weeks, they will bloom. It definitely gives a nice spring like feel to the house.

I am totally fine with spring too. I said about 10 days ago that if we didn't have anything significant by 2/15, that I was closing the shades on this winter. I got a nice cold weekend to use my backyard rink which is the one thing I really wanted prior to a warm-up. I do have to get to Newburgh Brewing, though, to try their Spruce saison. I was a big fan of their spruce porter last winter, and I think this is their follow-up.

Did someone say the Newburgh Brewery?

Would it surprise anyone if the moderate to heavy snow that has been going on for several hours in parts of NJ just slides out to our south?

Is it possible we get shafted again? The more I watch the radar the more I'm expecting it.

Am I just not thinking cleariy because of post traumatic snow disorder, brought on by the continuous shaftings we've had this year in the HV?

Would it surprise anyone if the moderate to heavy snow that has been going on for several hours in parts of NJ just slides out to our south?

Is it possible we get shafted again? The more I watch the radar the more I'm expecting it.

Am I just not thinking cleariy because of post traumatic snow disorder, brought on by the continuous shaftings we've had this year in the HV?

Some people who hate snow up here are have been praying more than us. Not only would missing the steady snow not surprise me, I am damn well expecting it! Come on nature! Shaft us again!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Take a quick glance at the 20z HRRR. It seems to support your idea of the heavier snow washing out as it heads north. Not sure I buy it, but it would fit the seasonal trend.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived