joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be fun to be in western NY right now, especially Rochester, where I lived before 2010. Check out the radar.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They are right near the mix line and getting crushed. They've reported around 0.25" of precipitation per hour for the past few hours, probably snowing around 2"/hour. Meanwhile, Elmira is 34 with heavy rain and Syracuse is 32 with rain. See, things could be worse!

I was outside this morning when the warm air finally showed up.  When I first opened the door I thought it was pouring rain but it was all the ice flashing melting.  Temp went from 32 to 48 in about 15 minutes, I'm sure the temp kept rising but I had to hit the road.  I had a similar experience in 94.  So I got to experience that which was cool, a great snow squal last month...yeah, that about sums up Winter 16 #STFU26   

They are right near the mix line and getting crushed. They've reported around 0.25" of precipitation per hour for the past few hours, probably snowing around 2"/hour. Meanwhile, Elmira is 34 with heavy rain and Syracuse is 32 with rain. See, things could be worse!

You are right. I would hate to be so close and shafted. Gee, never had that experience....

You are right. I would hate to be so close and shafted. Gee, never had that experience....

From NWS Buffalo at 1041 am: UPDATED STORM TOTAL FORECAST TO ACCOUNT FOR VERY HEAVY SNOW IN A

NARROW ZONE INCLUDING THE ROCHESTER AREA. SNOWFALL RATES OF AROUND 2

INCHES PER HOUR THIS MORNING WILL CONTRIBUTE TO STORM TOTALS

APPROACHING 20 INCHES IN THE ROCHESTER AREA...POSSIBLY EXTENDING

DOWN TOWARDS LETCHWORTH.

Pretty impressive squall line headed this way. Severe warnings in PA and NJ. Definitely have been seeing some strong gusts with the showers around here so far. Should be fun.

attachicon.gifcodnexlab.NEXRAD.DIX.N0Q.20160216.1812.006ani.gif

I am simply in disbelief as to how we go from record cold below zero to severe rain squalls almost a day later. Wow. Just wow.

Lol, yea... This is an interesting time frame, looks to be another "classic" winter storm set-up... This one will probably trend west and crush nyc and Long Island lmao

Seriously dude, things have to turn around for us. I am kind of feeling it for this one more than any other potential storm this winter.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived