joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-23 East Coast Storm Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One trend I do see in the next day on the models is the leading wave moving across the lakes is trending south - that storm is what builds our HP overhead as it moves into 50/50 position. I think this is part of the reason why our storm is digging farther south as well.

That's awesome because I can't tell you how many times I've been screwed by high pressure sliding out to the east or the confluence not setting up right or the block didn't materialize as planned.

Key is that the Euro Ensemble trended a tick south from its prior run

Yeah, looks like around 50-100 miles SE depending on the area.  This is also true on the northern extent of the precip shield.  For example, Pittsburgh gets a lot less this run, as does NYC and Boston.  Charlottesville, Roanoke, and Blacksburg get throttled on the mean.  Those look like the jackpot areas.

I feel like looking at 31 hr 18z NAM it's going to want to dig some more. The plains energy is more sharp though so I'm not sure how that will translate however the energy digging down from Rockies is more sharp to my eye.

That's a good thing.  If this is digging down more, then this will force our storm to dig farther south as well.

Looks like it's slowing down a bit too. (the plains wave).  That's exactly want we need here.

It also prevents the primary from moving too far north and will force a transfer farther south.

Speaking to this take a look at the low locations on WB if you have access.  There isn't really a tight cluster at 72.  Looks like it's kind of struggling with itself to figure out where the handoff takes place.  This run looks to make the transfer from either northern AL or southern TN to............................central GA!  

Now THAT is how you guys score!  Good luck.

I already felt the GFS took a step towards the Euro at 12z today. Would not be surprised to see it completely fold tonight.

Man, that's my hope. It's the huge elephant in the room right now. It needs to go ahead and suck like we've all come to know it suck!

Where did the EPS transfer the low to? Savannah, Charleston? Thanks.

I'll take what the Euro spits out in this time range every single day. 3-4 days is it's wheel house. Still a lot could go wrong so people need to not get to amped just yet but wow the implications are huge if the Euro is correct.

If only we had know Burger leaving would cause this I would have bought him a ticket long ago!

Archived