Weathernoob335
Jan. 22nd-23rd threat

buckeye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nah, east coast is gonna get drilled

sorry dude

Most likely probably 70% chance of some version of that.... 20% of a slider...and 10% it actually does something the earlier models were showing for us.   It's actually very rare for DC to get the pummeling that the models are showing without us scoring something.   It does happen, but more often than not if they get a historic dumping we usually get something.   ie Jan'96, PD2, Feb'10 etc. 

Last big one that I can remember that they got pummeled and we got nothing but cirrus, was Feb'06.   So maybe it's time.

You're right....it's going to keep moving south! Now, back to your regularly scheduled winter of cold & dry, warm & wet.

yea those overnight runs were a kick in the teeth.   Although if someone showed me this surface map and told me it's 4.5 days out, any other year my mouth would be watering but this winter just has an exceptional 'stink' on it for our area.  Actually....if you think about it, we've been missed by big dogs to the nw and se in the last year.  Remember that heartbreaker late last winter that buried KY?  

We'll get our due.... in April :axe: .    Here's to a nw trend  today :drunk:

post-622-0-84824900-1453126335_thumb.jpg

yea those overnight runs were a kick in the teeth. Although if someone showed me this surface map and told me it's 4.5 days out, any other year my mouth would be watering but this winter just has an exceptional 'stink' on it for our area. Actually....if you think about it, we've been missed by big dogs to the nw and se in the last year. Remember that heartbreaker late last winter that buried KY?

We'll get our due.... in April :axe: . Here's to a nw trend today :drunk:

I don't ever 4get storms like that that miss us. Just like the song goes, "Snow to the north of us, snow to the south, here I am stuck in the middle with you."

GFS looking weaker early on, going to guess it ends up at least a little south

actually turned out to be a nice shift in the right direction....at least enough to bring the snow shield about 75 miles further nw.  Went from flurries to 6" here.   Trend?  Hiccup?  who knows.

DC PUMMELED.  Last time I saw consistent crushing like that on the models for DC was leading up to VD 2007. 

the greatest threat with this is for those areas that are well below in the southeast portion of the forum.   Which is why Hoosier's post was a bit perplexing

Meh, not to sound flippant, but I don't care what happens with this one.

I think you guys in Ohio still have a shot at getting a decent hit though. 

Archived