joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 22nd-23rd threat

buckeye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12Z GFS looking about the same.  Puts that 6" line right up to buckeye, jb, and me.

I have the model page here which is great for trend looping and everything fairly similar to previous runs.  Only subtle diff is the low closes off over OH for a bit longer and overall a tad slower.   The coastal is a hair west.  

I was going to wait for the euro but I'll throw out my first call : cmh 4"

Geez, DC gets absolutely destroyed.  Lucky punks!

yea I don't know what I'm more jealous of, the huge amounts of snow or the fact that they've been able to shoot their loads over and over again with virtually every model and every run,  the past 3 days.   When does that EVER happen?   After all, the tracking is the second best part of a storm.

yea I don't know what I'm more jealous of, the huge amounts of snow or the fact that they've been able to shoot their loads over and over again with virtually every model and every run,  the past 3 days.   When does that EVER happen?   After all, the tracking is the second best part of a storm.

happens all the time with the big dogs

Yeah, usually there's a lot of waffling north and south for them, and usually major waffling on the rain/snow line for them...just like us.  But EVERY run for this one has been 2 feet+ for their area.  Very rare.

Yeah, usually there's a lot of waffling north and south for them, and usually major waffling on the rain/snow line for them...just like us.  But EVERY run for this one has been 2 feet+ for their area.  Very rare.

I think you nailed it, it's not so much about a modeled storm showing continuity in general track, it's the incredible consistency with the specific bullseye for the last few days.

I saw Paul Kocin compared this to the January 96 blizzard, among others.  What are the chances we can setup an Atlantic conveyor belt this far west like that one?

well considering that one ended up being a now cast and the forecast this far out was for no chance of snow at all....I wouldn't mind that analog one bit.

You've had a big dog the last 3 years. Now mind your p's and q's

These are the storms that really put climo into perspective for Ohio. West of the Apps, we can wish for the 6-8" fringe scraps while areas to the east see widespread 2' accumulations.

Even here in Cleveland, it would only take a mere 2.8" to be the largest snow storm of the season.

Archived