joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 22nd-23rd threat

buckeye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gfs could be so much better for us but it does some funky stuff. Brings the low to southeastern KY, closes the ULL over Cincy and then pops/transfers the secondary to Charleston SC and moves it northeast to just off the VA/NC coast.

Yeah I'm not buying some of the later frames. I think it is struggling on where and when to transfer. I'm not saying the trend is way north but I am throwing out most of this run as I think it struggled late...

Yeah I'm not buying some of the later frames. I think it is struggling on where and when to transfer. I'm not saying the trend is way north but I am throwing out most of this run as I think it struggled late...

actually the ggem is fairly similar.  Takes the low to the KY,TN border than transfers to SC and moves it up from there.  

hits a wall at this point:   as a result probably 3 or 4" central, 10" south....roughly

post-622-0-56619700-1453178078_thumb.jpg

Looks very funky. We'll get the usual transfer too early and screw us lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Looks very funky. We'll get the usual transfer too early and screw us lol

well we've seen everything change dramatically inside 48 hours with these kind of storms, usually in a bad way us, lol.  Maybe this time everything will fall together instead of apart.

well we've seen everything change dramatically inside 48 hours with these kind of storms, usually in a bad way us, lol. Maybe this time everything will fall together instead of apart.

Yeah I'm not going to get too concerned with one run that is 3.5 days out. Based on the GFS projections, this thing will be somewhat sampled at 0z tmrw night and more fully by 12z Wed.

Unless they do the aircraft missions.

Clear cut slower trend though and for a more broad trof

output_hyfD6i.gif

Euro with a similar trend too, but once it closes off on the Euro it moves slowly and absolutely dumps along and south of the Ohio River

Edit: Now that I compare the 0z run directly to the 12z run the trough looks sharper, the cut off is just a bit farther south on the Euro.

Compared to the 12z ensembles, the 0z Euro ensembles are slightly more stout with the western US ridge, lift the confluence over the east north a bit quicker, and have a sharper/perhaps slightly more negatively tilted trough with the storm. Surface low track on the mean appears similar, but the low pressure on the mean stretches to the north so there may be a better cluster that has a farther north track.

Compared to the 12z ensembles, the 0z Euro ensembles are slightly more stout with the western US ridge, lift the confluence over the east north a bit quicker, and have a sharper/perhaps slightly more negatively tilted trough with the storm. Surface low track on the mean appears similar, but the low pressure on the mean stretches to the north so there may be a better cluster that has a farther north track.

Still time for this to trend better.

Archived