joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 22nd-23rd threat

buckeye

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand Hoosier's point. There are several locations near normal in this region and it is currently El Nino, so it is unrealistic to think the east would continue to pitch a near shut out. They are due for a big storm this season and this week looks to be that time

Submitted by mrwx on Wed, 2015-12-09 09:26

The ECMWF is testing out the new parallel version of its pending upgrade (March 8, 2016). We just made some maps available for the operational European parallel (under the Medium Range menu for ECMWF) and are working on potentially adding the ensemble as well as adding both to the composites pages.

Please note that reliability of parallel model run available is not good (it is not officially operational or regularly supported by ECMWF) at this time and that we may not always get the runs with the connections occasionally unavailable. We are marking the maps "beta" to signify potential unreliability of the feeds (they are difficult to script and grab in this ECWMF test phase).

Submitted by mrwx on Wed, 2015-12-09 09:26

The ECMWF is testing out the new parallel version of its pending upgrade (March 8, 2016). We just made some maps available for the operational European parallel (under the Medium Range menu for ECMWF) and are working on potentially adding the ensemble as well as adding both to the composites pages.

Please note that reliability of parallel model run available is not good (it is not officially operational or regularly supported by ECMWF) at this time and that we may not always get the runs with the connections occasionally unavailable. We are marking the maps "beta" to signify potential unreliability of the feeds (they are difficult to script and grab in this ECWMF test phase).

I'm almost positive that when they run it it's with all of the correct and "current" data...they need to see how the model performs in real time...and that the unreliability is due to the fact that it's not operational and therefor not guaranteed to be run at a set time if at all. So when it runs I think it should be okay.

Also, 12z run looks to be a bump NW on the op Euro.

I'm almost positive that when they run it it's with all of the correct and "current" data...they need to see how the model performs in real time...and that the unreliability is due to the fact that it's not operational and therefor not guaranteed to be run at a set time if at all. So when it runs I think it should be okay.

Also, 12z run looks to be a bump NW on the op Euro.

ok thanks

I will say that since no one knows how the parallel performs yet that using the op is my personal preference. And the op just came well NW

A change I've noticed on all the models today is that the precip shield is beginning to take on more of a west to east alignment and is developing further north in the southern plains.   Starting to see more precip in southern IN as well.    This would definitely make a northward shift easier.

When it comes to organized storms, the superbowl storm from last year was the final reminder of how these things can evolve.

I'll take my chances with that.   Wasn't that the storm that had us bullseyed for several straight days and then inside of 72 hours shifted everything to Chicago and Detroit?

Archived