• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 22nd-23rd threat

buckeye

Surprised you didn't reference PDII. Snow swath on the 12z Euro looks a bit like it. :guitar:

I was going to bring up V.D. 2007.   That storm was nailing DC on the models, (much with the same axis as this one), for several model runs.   It started creeping north inside of 72 hours and putting us in the game at 48.   Then within 24 hours continued moving north and we went from being whiffed to the south on the 120 hour models, to a foot of snow forecasted the night before, to what ended up realizing as one of the biggest sleet storms I ever remember.   

you remember that one Hoosier ??? :angry:  :gun_bandana:

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's all part of the needle threading. Without that clipper heights would probably rise more than we'd want and this thing would cut for Columbus before transferring.

Very true. The clipper may even lay down 3 inches or so added to the main event ... would be a deep snow pack

I was going to bring up V.D. 2007. That storm was nailing DC on the models, (much with the same axis as this one), for several model runs. It started creeping north inside of 72 hours and putting us in the game at 48. Then within 24 hours continued moving north and we went from being whiffed to the south on the 120 hour models, to a foot of snow forecasted the night before, to what ended up realizing as one of the biggest sleet storms I ever remember.

you remember that one Hoosier ??? :angry::gun_bandana:

Of course. :D

MODEL SOLN DIFFERENCES CONTINUE TO EXIST BUT CURRENT SOLNS IN BETTER

AGREEMENT SHOWING UPPER LOW DEVELOPING INTO THE LOWER MS VLY LATE

THURSDAY AND LIFT NE INTO THE OHIO VALLEY FRIDAY. ASSOCIATED SFC

LOW TRACKS NE INTO TN VLY FRIDAY MORNING AND THEN ENERGY TRANSLATES

TO THE EAST COAST. GIVEN THIS SCENARIO HAVE PCPN DEVELOPING FROM

SOUTH TO NORTH THURSDAY NIGHT AND THEN INCREASING TO LKLY OVER THE

SE BY FRIDAY MORNING. WILL HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS LATE WEEK

SYSTEM...WITH SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATION OF SNOW POSSIBLE. AT THIS

POINT HAVE ALLOWED A BRIEF PERIOD OF MIX OVER THE SE FRIDAY AFTN

BUT OTHERWISE HAVE ALL SNOW BEFORE ENDING FRIDAY NIGHT

18z gfs is south

several of the individual gefs were surprisingly pretty far north, even a few were bringing rain into Ohio.

When you stop and think that this is 5 - 6 days out you realize that we really won't have a consensus starting to show up for at least a couple more days.  I don't think there's been a storm handled decently outside of 3 days....euro included.

several of the individual gefs were surprisingly pretty far north, even a few were bringing rain into Ohio.

When you stop and think that this is 5 - 6 days out you realize that we really won't have a consensus starting to show up for at least a couple more days. I don't think there's been a storm handled decently outside of 3 days....euro included.

This could be purely anecdotal and weenie of me, but seems like a lot of storms recently have gone north before correcting back south a bit inside 48 hours. Just something to consider... I know you mentioned last night that the classic NW trend is not a given this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

0z GFS is south as well but this is a track ohio guys should like this far out as that slight 50-100 mile bump north is almost always a sure bet.

Agreed and Canadian looks very similar as well. Unfortunately the currently modeled track is plausible though given the progressive flow. But being within 100 miles is fine with me. Highly doubt it doesn't move, just don't want it to move south!

I don't dislike the southern trend for MBY but as I said earlier...if this is big whiff for OH it's because the storm slides south. 0z Euro seems to be a bit less amplified with the western ridge and whole system.

Absolutely. Miss to the south of a big hit seem like the two most likely outcomes. Like I said earlier, still close enough that things could change.

I would laugh if it backbuilds further west but becomes flat, leading toward a run like the Euro had 48hrs ago. Fitting............the coastal low looks overdone and forced without earlier support in the trough. More like the models trying to save face instead of just letting it go.

The Euro drops the pressure on the low to 977mb off the coast lol

I would laugh if it backbuilds further west but becomes flat, leading toward a run like the Euro had 48hrs ago. Fitting............the coastal low looks overdone and forced without earlier support in the trough. More like the models trying to save face instead of just letting it go.

and lol

i'm sure that's it

Archived