joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 9-10th snow threat. Disco/OBS

dmc76

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen worse thread the needle type of events, but I would still lump it in that camp generally speaking for MBY. There is some wiggle room for a noteworthy event IMO....when you have a mid to low 990s x mid 1030 there are usually some solid winter condition winners somewhere. Trends will be interesting to watch WRT to strength and speed as this puppy is rolling onshore partially now.

Last night's GFS at H72 featured a number 2 analog of 05JAN2014. Maps seem iffy for a matchup...but I wouldn't mind a similar result (Weenie).

All in all fairly confident for some snow ATM IMBY. And a nice dose of winter conditions with snow rates, winds, and crashing temps for someone in the subforum ... although smaller coverage likely on that scenario.

I'm punting on this threat. Looks too familiar to the storms of the last couple years. Congrats Lafayette/south side of Chicago to Detroit.

What a non-shocker. This will end up dumping on Kalamazoo and Detroit and miss this area again. West Michigan sucks for synoptic snowfall.

Given that the ensembles have been leaning south, wouldn't be that surprising if you guys get missed or end up with scraps.

FWIW, southern stream wave in question may have been partially sampled by the RAOB network for the 12z runs.

Given that the ensembles have been leaning south, wouldn't be that surprising if you guys get missed or end up with scraps.

FWIW, southern stream wave in question may have been partially sampled by the RAOB network for the 12z runs.

Bummer. I figured the south and east leaning was going to stop...but it hasn't. At least we have some clippers and lake effect to look forward to! Hopefully we can get some snow across the board from the Monday-Tuesday wave.

I'm punting on this threat. Looks too familiar to the storms of the last couple years. Congrats Lafayette/south side of Chicago to Detroit.

Yep. Because it's happened over and over and over again. We've seen this happen with system after system the past couple of winters, as wiscwx said.

I'm at least glad I can get great lake enhanced snows from clippers.

I'm pretty sure Alek and I are <5 inches on the season so far. How are you guys doing?

Bummer. I figured the south and east leaning was going to stop...but it hasn't. At least we have some clippers and lake effect to look forward to! Hopefully we can get some snow across the board from the Monday-Tuesday wave.

You probably have a better shot than wisconsinwx though, given that you're roughly at his latitude but farther east. 

Some of models weakened the snow band 2-3 days out with the 28th system and were too far east if everyone remembers...

It's a different setup, but it might be the case where the models are struggling to find a solution for the different pieces of energy.

You probably have a better shot than wisconsinwx though, given that you're roughly at his latitude but farther east. 

Thanks for the encouragement. :) Things are looking better for you!

Some of models weakened the snow band 2-3 days out with the 28th system and were too far east if everyone remembers...

It's a different setup, but it might be the case where the models are struggling to find a solution for the different pieces of energy.

Always appreciate your positive attitude, Geos. Time will tell. So far it's looking like most of the models this run have headed east. We'll see what the Euro shows soon.

Archived