• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 9-10th snow threat. Disco/OBS

dmc76

Got a chance to look at BUFKIT...despite the marginal temps here, nice zone of lift with it intersecting the DGZ so could have some nice flake size.  Even though diurnal effects are near the minimum at this point in the year, I also like that the bulk of this is coming in after dark, assuming that timing holds.  It's already a marginal setup and every fraction of a degree counts, especially around here given some marine influence, so it would be nice to take any diurnal contribution off the table. 

Would prefer if the upper level low remained closed off at 500mb, for ideal snowflake growth and aggregation. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like you should be at freezing by 60 hour Hoosier on the 12km NAM. 4km NAM has you at 33° at that same time. As long as those winds aren't blowing off the core of 40° water, I think you'll be fine with N winds and getting snow.

nam_2016010718_060_41.43--87.35.png

33 would be doable if precip rates are good.  Obviously would prefer to get to freezing or below as quickly as possible.  Glad I'm not right on the shore.

I'll take the 12z GEM please lol.  All other models deliver a dense cirrus canopy here lolz.  

We need a broad spread the wealth storm system.  These nail biters (especially in a season like this) can be frustrating for those who don't get to participate.  Hopefully Feb brings more widespread snows across the board.

Totally agree. It's more difficult to get the big "spread the wealth" storms in the midwest. After 7 years of living in the midwest, I'm still trying to get used to these narrow bulls eye systems.

Put me in the boat of never heard of this Bernie what's his name

Replaced Bastardi after he left. He's okay. Fwiw, I agree with him. Just banking on a slower wave and northern stream being caught for a decent phase. Of course, trends today went against this. But always like waves at the start of pattern changes...whether temporary or not.

Put me in the boat of never heard of this Bernie what's his name

He's alright. Doesn't seem to hype things up. I don't know if the snow will get back to Madison like he said, but it would be nice if Milwaukee could pull something from this.

Archived