joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 Pattern Disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This season seems to be a different breed all together...perhaps that's why the models can't agree on much out past 2 days this year. Each run has a different idea...zero continuity it seems, even when we are in close to an event.

That's why I think our chances are higher when the LR shows no storms compared to when these beautiful, perfectly depicted storms appear 8 days out.

So i take it the EPS were worse again?

And he's saying in that timeframe we torch..Not 50+ everyday

They are so-so...they do show a bit of a relaxation around the 25th as they have for the past 3 or 4 runs...but there's trough back over us after that...not cold, but definitely storm chances.

They are so-so...they do show a bit of a relaxation around the 25th as they have for the past 3 or 4 runs...but there's trough back over us after that...not cold, but definitely storm chances.

Gefs and Eps look zonal to me in LR, that is if I'm reading the maps correctly.

EC ensembles certainly are not like GEFS.

So what are we working with here? Trying to synthesize all these posts. 

Ok.not all bad news then.

You'd like to hope the Gefs have a freaking clue. But I think we know how this battle is going to turn out

I am somewhat amused over the term relaxation when talking about the pattern.  I mean we really haven't had any type of sustained cold.  Sure it gets into the 20's for a day..maybe two if we are lucky, and then it's 40-45 again right away.  I guess next week is going to be a lil more of sustained seasonable winter cold, so is that why we are using the term "Relaxation" when talking about it(the pattern) warming up a bit next weekend?  Cuz we really have yet to get into any type of real winter weather imo.    

I am somewhat amused over the term relaxation when talking about the pattern.  I mean we really haven't had any type of sustained cold.  Sure it gets into the 20's for a day..maybe two if we are lucky, and then it's 40-45 again right away.  I guess next week is going to be a lil more of sustained seasonable winter cold, so is that why we are using the term "Relaxation" when talking about it(the pattern) warming up a bit next weekend?  Cuz we really have yet to get into any type of real winter weather imo.    

Agree with this. Fwiw the eps agrees with the op for the warm up next weekend 

Archived