impacts of Joaquin in the United States. The environmental steering

currents are complex and are not being handled in a consistent

manner by the forecast models. A wide range of outcomes are

possible and it is simply too soon to say what impacts, if any,

Joaquin will have on the United States.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this time it is very hard to gauge the long-range potentialimpacts of Joaquin in the United States.  The environmental steeringcurrents are complex and are not being handled in a consistentmanner by the forecast models.  A wide range of outcomes arepossible and it is simply too soon to say what impacts, if any,Joaquin will have on the United States.

Is that from the 11PM NHC advisory/discussion?

At this time it is very hard to gauge the long-range potential
impacts of Joaquin in the United States.  The environmental steering
currents are complex and are not being handled in a consistent
manner by the forecast models.  A wide range of outcomes are
possible and it is simply too soon to say what impacts, if any,
Joaquin will have on the United States.
hard to believe there may not be any impact on the US by reading all the posts on here.

The trend is our friend in NC... so many moving pieces, looks like OTS is getting close to off the table. It's going to hit land somewhere on the east coast!

Already a fun and stressful time of year for weather... I usually don't start drinking heavily until winter :drunk:

Not ready to go there yet and in fact that wont be for certain until its actually coming ashore....if the 00Z runs of the GFS/CMC etc stay with the landfall scenario and the Euro goes to it then chances will be much better but its not for certain by any stretch of the imagination.

Likes been stated it's amazing how out of nowhere this has unfolded today. These late Sept October storms are notorious for blowing up, rapidly Intensefyin. I read stories on Hazel even though it was in the Genesis of satelite Era how it caught the right window of opportunity , fall trof coming in going negative and ventilating as well as excelrating her perfectly to rewrite history. Caught everyone off guard until 48 hrs before she made her move. Not saying this will be a hazel but the October tropical storms are a different breed. Sandy, Hazel, the perfect storm. Got a feeling this one is going to write it's own chapter.

based on the different model tracks and consensus posted earlier....if she makes it to a Cat 3 and follows some of the more westerly ones (of which there are at least a dozen)  you and I will see winds that we haven't seen since Fran came through.  And more rain more than likely....

This got interesting right quick

Pretty clear this is going to boomerang back west after the trough cuts off into an upper low this week. That will foce this b/n the massive blocking over southeast canada and the upper low retrograding to the southwest. I'm not sure I've seen a situation like this since hurricane hugo. This is unreal if it actually happens. Better start prepping now if the models stay consistent on this.

Pretty clear this is going to boomerang back west after the trough cuts off into an upper low this week. That will foce this b/n the massive blocking over southeast canada and the upper low retrograding to the southwest. I'm not sure I've seen a situation like this since hurricane hugo. This is unreal if it actually happens. Better start prepping now if the models stay consistent on this.

Hurricane Fran did it that's why she went so hard NW there was a ULL cut off over western Tenn I believe but I don't have the maps handy......

I've watched you forecast enough on the winter events to trust your thoughts.  For those of us in central NC (a lot of us on this thread), what's the upper ceiling on this?  Fran?  Or what Hugo did to Charlotte.

Apologize for the IMBY nature of it, but if this thing is rapidly strengthening and looking to hook west over us; I want to get my preparations done before the mass rush hits the hardware/grocery stores...

I've watched you forecast enough on the winter events to trust your thoughts.  For those of us in central NC (a lot of us on this thread), what's the upper ceiling on this?  Fran?  Or what Hugo did to Charlotte.

Apologize for the IMBY nature of it, but if this thing is rapidly strengthening and looking to hook west over us; I want to get my preparations done before the mass rush hits the hardware/grocery stores...

I've been watching this thread with interest too. I'm hoping to be in Raleigh from Friday noon through Sunday morning. Will businesses shut Friday? Trying to figure out if meetings will be cancelled, etc. Should I move up my timetable and try to get in sooner?

Thanks in advance!

Archived