joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Dog Days of Summer: August 2015 Discussion

dmillz25

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing but useless uncomfortable heat without anything to show for it (severe weather). The same can be said for extreme cold too FWIW.

September is less than 2 weeks away but the summer weather seems like it'll never end. I can't wait until I can open my windows again at night and let that cool fresh air flow in.

However if forecasts are right then that might not be until the latter part of September or even October.

Yeah. Summer sucks. You can average a positive departure month with some negative departures. This year sucks.

Im sure its no earth shattering secret but I  enjoy summer/heat and tracking it.  This year has been a real gem for summer weather fans. We are running ahead of 2013 in number of 90 days at most sites and overall season will be close.  We havent had the intense heat of 10-13 but persistent warmth since July after a record warm may has yielded a warm season.

Yeah. Summer sucks. You can average a positive departure month with some negative departures. This year sucks.

I loved this Summer. We had hot steamy days, hot dry days, hot Summer nights, and cool Summer nights. Could have used some more rain, but overall it's been a great July and August to spend outdoors.

I hate the heat but if the summer was going to be warmer anyway then I would've liked to see a few 100s.

The heat has been persistent but lacks the intensity of the hottest summers.

It's still an impressive stretch for late August but nothing truly historic I guess. Some of today's model guidance actually do end up recording the Typhoons in later frames (la la land) so maybe we'll get some troughiness and break this well above normal stretch.

Archived