snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good day weather fans,

High today - 53

Low - 31.7

Current temp - 43.5

November looks to start off with a few days of mild temps.

Let's hope mid to late month, we get the interior burbs first winter weather advisory or winter storm.

Still lots of talk of how El Nino impacts winter,  but we are now in the month where we should start to expect snow or mixed  precip.

Looking forward to tracking the the storms this winter. 

Last year, I ended up with a decent snow total, getting numerous  1-7 inch events.

Hoping this season, I bag a 24+ event.

Regards,

Matt

I'll take the under as in not very wet at all, if wet at all.

Depends. Will your sprinkler be on or off?

Looks like you guys are gonna end up (sorta) wrong.  It may not be too significant but riding a mt bike on wet leaves is entertaining and scary at the same time.  

Rjay - when the last sprinkler retired about 15 years ago I never missed it.  In fact I think it was the worst purchase I ever made.  If you water a lawn then you need to mow it  :whistle:

Looks like you guys are gonna end up (sorta) wrong. It may not be too significant but riding a mt bike on wet leaves is entertaining and scary at the same time.

Rjay - when the last sprinkler retired about 15 years ago I never missed it. In fact I think it was the worst purchase I ever made. If you water a lawn then you need to mow it :whistle:

Excuse me Sir but I have 0.00" as of this moment :). But I understand where you're coming from.

I'm pretty sure tonight would even be considered mild by mid-summer standards. Great for getting a head-start on hanging Christmas lights!

Looks like KPOU is going to end at 22.5F above normal for the date, the greatest positive departure since a +23.4F on Christmas Day last year (yuck). High of 77F bests the old daily record high from 1948 by two degrees, and registers 2015 with two of the top-ten warmest November highs ever at Poughkeepsie.

I do like me some temperature anomalies.

Looks like KPOU is going to end at 22.5F above normal for the date, the greatest positive departure since a +23.4F on Christmas Day last year (yuck). High of 77F bests the old daily record high from 1948 by two degrees, and registers 2015 with two of the top-ten warmest November highs ever at Poughkeepsie.

I do like me some temperature anomalies.

It's been crazy. The other day I was thinking about things I need to do in the yard and for winter, like paint my snow board, and told myself "I can do that in November..." then realized it already is.

Guest Patrick

What fall?

the past week would have been better spent at the shore house than the winter house. today feels a little more autumn like...sitting at 52* right now with a stiff breeze off the ridgeline.

How does everyone here feel about the upcoming winter? 

Early indications seem to suggest above norm precip, above norm temps. Inland winter incoming! I miss those tracking the R/S line storms. Ive always said this.. If the immediate coast looks to stay all snow then fringe city for us but if we are tracking the R/S line then heads up.

How does everyone here feel about the upcoming winter? 

Early indications seem to suggest above norm precip, above norm temps. Inland winter incoming! I miss those tracking the R/S line storms. Ive always said this.. If the immediate coast looks to stay all snow then fringe city for us but if we are tracking the R/S line then heads up.

I'm not a big long range guy, it's better on my mental status to just go with the flow and just deal with whatever is outside my window. That said, it is fun, and frustrating, to track the rain/snow line but my concern is that the rain/snow long is much further to our north and west this winter.

Archived