• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

I was up in Smugglers Notch and over to Burlington over the past two days, some nice colors up there and down here. It's so hard to truly capture it in a photo.

Yeah, exactly... fall is the trickiest season for photography in my experience. Everything looks beautiful in real life, but the scenery is so dependent on a perfect reproduction of colors that pictures usually miss the mark. I've been focusing more on macro/closeup shots than the typical wide-angle landscapes, which tend to just disappoint this time of year.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, exactly... fall is the trickiest season for photography in my experience. Everything looks beautiful in real life, but the scenery is so dependent on a perfect reproduction of colors that pictures usually miss the mark. I've been focusing more on macro/closeup shots than the typical wide-angle landscapes, which tend to just disappoint this time of year.

That's why film was and is so cool.  Certain types make the colors pop.  Of course Photoshop and digital is today's standard, but there's just something nice about picking the right film for what you're doing, depending on what colors you want to show up the most vivid.

That's why film was and is so cool.  Certain types make the colors pop.  Of course Photoshop and digital is today's standard, but there's just something nice about picking the right film for what you're doing, depending on what colors you want to show up the most vivid.

I still do a little bit of 35 mm film here and there, but I definitely couldn't bring myself to rely on it for a shoot. Major props to the folks with the patience needed to shoot film as more than just a level of redundancy.

I still do a little bit of 35 mm film here and there, but I definitely couldn't bring myself to rely on it for a shoot. Major props to the folks with the patience needed to shoot film as more than just a level of redundancy.

Film is an art.  My Dad used to shoot weddings in Medium Format, pretty amazing.  Can't see your shots, just have to know your settings and move quickly. 

On the side It's fun just to play around and experience the manual feel of it.  I still say when you enlarge film it beats digital, even more so in the larger formats.  The clarity is just incredible and the color is great.

Did you get a freeze? I was just looking up the definition, I thought you had to be below freezing for at least 4 hours but I see the definition is more vague. It's simply says below freezing for a significant period of time.

AFAIK falling below 32 verifies a freeze warning, but I was only there for about an hour, and my impatiens are alive and well, so I'm hesitant to call it a "freeze". Should be less ambiguous for most of us over the weekend.

Woke up to 36 degrees this am, currently 41 and extremely windy. Today's high is forecasted to be 46, and 44 tomorrow. Forecast low is 26 here tonight, and 25 degrees for tomorrow night. Welcome fall!!  

Ironically, Binghamton NWS has not issued a freeze warning for my area for tomorrow am, only for the valley cities of Scranton and Wilkes Barre. I've yet to have an offical freeze here as my lowest reading this fall was 34 degrees. There most have been some portions of my county, especially around 2k, that have had a freeze. However, that will change come tomorrow am for most of us!

Low of 38 here, Freeze Warning in effect for tonight, not sure I'll get a hard freeze though, time will tell. Bright orange leaves falling down to a lush deep green lawn, a little chill in the air, a number of good games on this afternoon and tonight, gotta love October. Enjoy it everyone!

42° here last night. I think that tonight will just make it to a freeze, and tomorrow night might actually be a hard freeze.

I have a lot of trees around me with plenty of leaves still which is why I'm thinking this way. If I was out in an open field I might feel differently.

Yeah I have a lot of trees as well. I'm going very conservative on the lows because I'm not in a valley or area that radiates extremely well. If the conditions are right though, I don't usually do too bad.

going to light of a firework or two soon.

Winter has arrived.

My current temp is 33F

did a meso scout, normally colder deep valleys are 30 to 31F

Going to key west on Wednesday for 5 days!

Need to get warm :popcorn:

Winter! Lol, lets get though Fall first. Enjoy it down there, the only warmth we'll get here is mid week might be near 70 for some.

Actually went back up a degree to 36 now. Walpack should really get down low tonight.

Archived