Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You radiate ridiculously well.

I remember last winter when you were in the negative teens (I believe you got near -20F) and everyone else was struggling to get below 0F.

I remember a -17 but I could be wrong. He radiates very well. I always keep an eye out for his obs during arctic outbreaks. Impressive.

I remember a -17 but I could be wrong. He radiates very well. I always keep an eye out for his obs during arctic outbreaks. Impressive.

Not sure what the number was but yeah I do believe JC beat won the Ice Box Award for this thread.  I got down to -14 on 2/21. Overall I scored 15 below zero lows last winter with the longest streak of below zero lows reaching six days, 2/13-2/18.  Who knows how many winters until I see that again.    

-17 is right, I got there twice last year. The second time (Feb 24) I was on track for a -20, but it got cloudy and breezy for the last hour or so of radiating time. Did manage to find a -24 on the truck thermometer in a nearby hollow.

Not sure what the number was but yeah I do believe JC beat won the Ice Box Award for this thread.  I got down to -14 on 2/21. Overall I scored 15 below zero lows last winter with the longest streak of below zero lows reaching six days, 2/13-2/18.  Who knows how many winters until I see that again.    

Gonna be a long time before we see another -13F monthly departure. What a fairy tale last winter was for cold enthusiasts.

The really interesting thing is that it's entirely possible we can go without seeing a subzero low this winter due to the onslaught of Super Nino™.

Gonna be a long time before we see another -13F monthly departure. What a fairy tale last winter was for cold enthusiasts.

The really interesting thing is that it's entirely possible we can go without seeing a subzero low this winter due to the onslaught of Super Nino™.

That's the truth. I'll have to look at my records again but below zero lows aren't a lock around here in any winter.

That's the truth. I'll have to look at my records again but below zero lows aren't a lock around here in any winter.

I took a look this morning, so over the past 10 years here there were three winters in which I did not get at least one below zero low. Those winters were 06-07, 07-08, and 09-10.  

I took a look this morning, so over the past 10 years here there were three winters in which I did not get at least one below zero low. Those winters were 06-07, 07-08, and 09-10.  

Definitely not a given.

I'd be interested to see a regional map delineating how far south you have to get before you average more 100F readings than 0F every year. 

Archived