• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

Yeah just came back from a buddies house in Greenville and its already down to 37 there. Elevation there is 1100'

Slowly inching down here, 42° now. Might make it, might not, gonna be a close one though.

Crazy how the monument is that much warmer. That's pretty interesting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe next weekend I finally won't be in shorts? The dew did chill my feet a bit as I walked through it in my flip flops before, that's a start.

Haha, I thought I was the only one in shorts still. Last night some nearby stations recorded 40° as the low. Another one was 38.5°

I think 40° is the consensus though so no frost and no 30s.

Haha, I thought I was the only one in shorts still. Last night some nearby stations recorded 40° as the low. Another one was 38.5°

I think 40° is the consensus though so no frost and no 30s.

Shorts till at least Columbus Day has become the norm these days. I think I've worn jeans maybe twice so far this season and maybe a hoodie once when it was raining. I don't really recall except that shorts are still in regular rotation here. What a gorgeous morn out there today!

Shorts till at least Columbus Day has become the norm these days. I think I've worn jeans maybe twice so far this season and maybe a hoodie once when it was raining. I don't really recall except that shorts are still in regular rotation here. What a gorgeous morn out there today!

People used to think I was crazy for wearing shorts on a mild day in say November, but with a sweatshirt of course. Probably have a few more days left, then it's on to the jeans for awhile.

People used to think I was crazy for wearing shorts on a mild day in say November, but with a sweatshirt of course. Probably have a few more days left, then it's on to the jeans for awhile.

I few weeks ago I saw a guy walking into the store with sweats, a hoodie, and a snow cap...it was sunny and 65 degrees at the time...I concluded he must have been ill or something.

I few weeks ago I saw a guy walking into the store with sweats, a hoodie, and a snow cap...it was sunny and 65 degrees at the time...I concluded he must have been ill or something.

There's always extremes. I've seen people with sweatshirts on in the Summer. The best though is when you see people with a t-shirt on in the Winter, or shorts. Even this last year I saw it despite all the cold we had.

Looks like today and tomorrow should be really nice. It's actually up to 60° already.

Mt Holly NWS mentions the first chance of the white stuff on Saturday.

THEN THE CHILLIEST AIR MASS OF THE SEASON STILL LOOKS SLATED TO
ARRIVE IN TIME FOR NEXT WEEKEND. DEJA VUING ALL OVER AGAIN SATURDAY
ALMOST LOOKS LIKE A REPEAT OF WEDNESDAY WITH FLOW OFF THE LAKES
AND A POSSIBLE 2NDRY COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE. WE ADDED A CHANCE OF
SPRINKLES AND FLURRIES NORTH FIRST PART OF SATURDAY CLOSEST TO
MODELING CONSENSUS.

Archived