joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive been living in my current house now for 8 yrs and suffered severe damage from Irene. Only saving grace is the current water table is low. The summer Irene struck was quite wet.

What makes me nervous is the fact that it's a brand new construction, the soil is recently disturbed and still somewhat loose in comparison to most land, I'm nervous about my driveway/foundation etc, hopefully it's settled enough this sunmer

Yea but I have really good elevation and distance on the wallkill, I have about 500-600 yards of property between my house and the river plus about 40ft of elevation, but my neighbor has his house level with the river and only about 100 feet from the edge

I'm around 100 yards or less from the Wallkill but have about 45 feet in elevation. If the Wallkill floods our houses everyone is in trouble! Hopefully you don't get too much erosion from the disturbed ground.

Cmon. No one is "clinging" to anything.

I would disagree, the amount of bust/celebrate posts is just awful the last day or 2 as if these guys would love nothing more than to see a hurricane smack the eastern seaboard.... Plenty of people have posted "there's still a chance" after the GGEM came onshore, hence my "clinging" comment

I would disagree, the amount of bust/celebrate posts is just awful the last day or 2 as if these guys would love nothing more than to see a hurricane smack the eastern seaboard.... Plenty of people have posted "there's still a chance" after the GGEM came onshore, hence my "clinging" comment

Link me up to them and ill delete them.

Archived