• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

What a magnificent 3 day stretch here in the Poconos. I have stayed around 71-72 degrees for a high since Wed. 72 currently. Low last night dropped to 49 here. Mt. Pocono bottomed out at 46 degrees just under 2,000 feet at their obs station. Hard to imagine we may be some 15+ degrees warmer than current in temps next week. I am completely in fall mode now. Wont be long folks!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a magnificent 3 day stretch here in the Poconos. I have stayed around 71-72 degrees for a high since Wed. 72 currently. Low last night dropped to 49 here. Mt. Pocono bottomed out at 46 degrees just under 2,000 feet at their obs station. Hard to imagine we may be some 15+ degrees warmer than current in temps next week. I am completely in fall mode now. Wont be long folks!

Highs for the last 3 days..

Wed - 77

Thurs- 73

Fri- 77

low-mid 50s for lows.. Hopefully soon we can get some consistency with these "cool" temps 

Good day weather fans,

High today - 82F

Current temp 73F

Temps expected to drop into the middle 50's tonight.

I am going to need to enjoy the next week of warm temps, after that it looks like we turn the corner into fall.

Any opinions on starting a fall thread after this weeks heat for our regions.

Not unheard of to get the first frost/freeze during the end of the month.

Best.

I wouldn't start a new thread... we're barely 6 pages into this one. A quick tweak of the title should keep us in good shape for a while.

The globals certainly like a more autumnal pattern taking shape toward mid-month, with transient troughing that could yield some precipitation and a couple crisp nights here and there. We're probably in for a pretty mundane step-down process though. I just took a short walk through the woods and there's quite a bit of yellow leaf fallage already, which bodes extremely poorly for foliage season.

I wouldn't start a new thread... we're barely 6 pages into this one. A quick tweak of the title should keep us in good shape for a while.

The globals certainly like a more autumnal pattern taking shape toward mid-month, with transient troughing that could yield some precipitation and a couple crisp nights here and there. We're probably in for a pretty mundane step-down process though. I just took a short walk through the woods and there's quite a bit of yellow leaf fallage already, which bodes extremely poorly for foliage season.

A quick update to the thread is fine too.

Just want to get the thread title changed at some point.

Best

Where do we go to tweak the title??

Gonna be mmmm mmm yummy air for an early fall sunrise mt bike ride. Anybody want to come enjoy it with me? Some fresh leaves down, streams down to a trickle, no hunters yet and temps in the low 50's.

So jealous of you people. Seriously thinking about moving to Rockland County.

The weather at night is very different.

Many of us up here like myself are transplants from the city. The ability of experiencing both city life & country living all in one day is attractive to some. Whats funny is I live 60 miles from the city line yet I get to work faster than most who take mass transit and live within the city limits lol.. Ive been up here for 18 years now and im beyond spoiled, couldn't pay me enough to move back to the city. Add the fact that im a weather weenie like all of us here its a win win.

Archived