• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

I'm not a big long range guy, it's better on my mental status to just go with the flow and just deal with whatever is outside my window. That said, it is fun, and frustrating, to track the rain/snow line but my concern is that the rain/snow long is much further to our north and west this winter.

Mine as well but id rather worry about the R/S line then worry about being fringed.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree.  Its totally anecdotal at this point but in the mid and late 80's I seem to have many memories of shoveling snow in the rain as the rain/snow line swept to a Scranton to Albany orientation.  

I moved up to OC in 95 and remember quite a few of those types of storms. It just seems that in the last 5 years the R/S line has now been confined to the middle of the Atlantic lol. I can't ever ever remember this many all snow events for E LI or coastal NJ..

How does everyone here feel about the upcoming winter?

Early indications seem to suggest above norm precip, above norm temps. Inland winter incoming!

This is a good start. Other than that, who knows. I feel like too many are too confident about this winter one way or another. IMO there are no good analogs to use for this coming winter.

Guest Patrick

I initially thought a big inland winter was incoming (bigger n&w of me) but the lack of climate records in this area is maddening.

This is a good start. Other than that, who knows. I feel like too many are too confident about this winter one way or another. IMO there are no good analogs to use for this coming winter.

Heheh

Those flurries last month were like when a restaurant puts bread and butter on the table. I'm ready for an app, maybe a soup or salad too. I can wait until the holidays for dinner $

I'm ok with no snow in November but it would be nice to have a little chill in the air as we get to the holiday week at the very least.

The clown range GFS is finally starting to conjure up some storms that place us on the correct side of the 540dam thickness line. I don't have anything new to add to the long-range analysis that wiser folks have been posting (what else is new?), but from a weenie perspective, it's nice to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

The clown range GFS is finally starting to conjure up some storms that place us on the correct side of the 540dam thickness line. I don't have anything new to add to the long-range analysis that wiser folks have been posting (what else is new?), but from a weenie perspective, it's nice to finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Noticed that as well.. There looks to be potential right around turkey day. 

We need to wake this thread up! lol..

How does everyone here feel about the upcoming winter? 

Early indications seem to suggest above norm precip, above norm temps. Inland winter incoming! I miss those tracking the R/S line storms. Ive always said this.. If the immediate coast looks to stay all snow then fringe city for us but if we are tracking the R/S line then heads up.

I have a reviewed a handful of calls from "experts" and The Old Farmers Almanac.

Only concerning aspect is the call for winter to start in the end of January going into February. What the heck, winter is almost gone at that point. Hoping the interior and north burbs do well with rain in the city,

Anything less than 60 inches on my block and it will be an easy winter :snowing:

I have a reviewed a handful of calls from "experts" and The Old Farmers Almanac.

Only concerning aspect is the call for winter to start in the end of January going into February. What the heck, winter is almost gone at that point. Hoping the interior and north burbs do well with rain in the city,

Anything less than 60 inches on my block and it will be an easy winter :snowing:

Many have already said this is gonna be an interior winter. The moisture isn't gonna be a problem its a matter of where the R/S line sets up. It feels like we haven't tracked a R/S line in atleast 5 years lol. Good ole fashion winter coming up. 

Many have already said this is gonna be an interior winter. The moisture isn't gonna be a problem its a matter of where the R/S line sets up. It feels like we haven't tracked a R/S line in atleast 5 years lol. Good ole fashion winter coming up. 

November 26-27th storm if I recall correctly had a rain/snow line.

Elevation also played a role.

But, yea I would enjoy a few storms where we get 6-12 inches and the coastal plain gets rain :pimp:

Hoping El Nino delivers a good 18-24 inch storm.

Archived