• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

For us especially, the December 18-24 time frame looks to be the most consistent in the form of winter weather, with 2mt hovering at 32F over Manhattan however I think it's a classic N+W burbs set-up with changeover/mixing south of Rockland, or perhaps even south of 84, depending on how the days ahead develop. Just my opinion on time frame, I know chances are slim. I know the ensembles are usually garbage this far out but they have A lot of support and most of them agree on a white Christmas for us.

Well thank god I live 1 mile north of 84 :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

another warm day up/down here.  mountain creek is hurting badly.

more moths than snowflakes on the slopes!  48* right now.

another warm day up/down here. mountain creek is hurting badly.

more moths than snowflakes on the slopes! 48* right now.

All we have to do is get within the realm of average and they can blow snow all night. That mountain has serious snowmaking for a reason. Closest to NYC means big crowds and dollars for making snow

Guest Patrick

All we have to do is get within the realm of average and they can blow snow all night. That mountain has serious snowmaking for a reason. Closest to NYC means big crowds and dollars for making snow

yes. i can see the snowguns from my little ridgetop.... well... i can see the snow in the lights. very very awesome sight to see.

Guest Patrick

Have they even bothered to blow any during the cold nights so far ? Maybe a test run here and there ?

they attempted the week before turkey day... and managed to get a slope open i think for the long weekend. since then it's all downhill.

get it... downhill?  ba da bum chhhhh

I'll root for a couple coastal huggers for the nw crew and a couple benchmark storms (or just inside the BM) for the rest of us.

BM storms used to be ok for us. Just within the last 5-6 years or so we have seen an abundance of those tight compact storms with crazy cutoffs. Coastal huggers usually do the trick though :)

Guest Patrick

BM storms used to be ok for us. Just within the last 5-6 years or so we have seen an abundance of those tight compact storms with crazy cutoffs. Coastal huggers usually do the trick though :)

The 6z gfs destroys the tight compact storm streak we've been on during Christmas week. You guys just n&w of me might have the best December in ages.

Then again, it is the gfs, and it is 7-10 days away :)

Good to see it anyway.

Archived