Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

https://www.facebook.com/MysteriousHudsonValleyStoneSites/posts/551415455024112

It's always fun to walk around early in the morning on the solstice and figure out which objects are aligned with the rising sun. Maybe a few of them are even deliberate.

I want to say there's a similar structure on this side of the river in northern Orange or southern Ulster but maybe I'm thinking of that one. Cool stuff regardless.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is what it is and I seriously have an 80% chance to wear shorts Christmas Eve. How many times will I be able to say that while in NY?

I hope u caught on that I was totally kidding lol..... I cancelled xmas Eve dinner, opened my pool, took out my patio furniture, I'm having my first annual Christmas BBQ and horseshoe tournament ;)

Just posted in banter, ridge to the west, trough to the east... Normal temps make a return for Jan, and mid January looks cold and wet ;)

Its rather entertaining to have people speaking in such absolutes on both sides of the fence in regards to January.  It will be interesting to see which way January actually goes.  

Its rather entertaining to have people speaking in such absolutes on both sides of the fence in regards to January. It will be interesting to see which way January actually goes.

I'd bank on above normal departures, that storm next week may be our only shot to see wintry weather for a few weeks, personally I think end of Jan-early March will be normal and snowy... Just wish casting tho

I'd bank on above normal departures, that storm next week may be our only shot to see wintry weather for a few weeks, personally I think end of Jan-early March will be normal and snowy... Just wish casting tho

I'm giving it like 10 weeks and if nothing changes by then I'm going to go ahead and call this winter DOA...

Only reason I'm not buying this yet, is the Low tracks across the lakes.. That almost always a snow to rain without blocking

This isn't an all snow event. I don't think anyone even said that. This is gonna be a sn/ip/zr event at best. Our only saving grace on the gfs is CAD. WAA snows usually come in like a wall too.

12z 850 temps were 17C at OKX and 16C at ALB, just insane for this time of year. Those numbers would be slightly above-average in the warmest part of the summer.

This weather is the pits on Christmas, but I'm getting a real kick out of all the climo records being broken. "Anomalous" is almost an understatement.

Archived