joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this excitement over temperatures in the 20's and a threat of snow. Amazing what we've been reduced to this year, lol. My Facebook feed reminded me that 2 years ago yesterday we had below zero temperatures and moderate snowfall, which was followed by temps of -10 or lower that night. 

I filled my skating rink yesterday and there was already surface ice forming this morning. I doubt I'll get the longevity out of it that I had the last 2 years, but at this point it costs me nothing in supplies to put it up, so I figured what the heck.

Curious to see how low we go tonight.. 0-5 my call

Yeah, if this wind dies down enough for the BL to decouple fairly early, the usual spots should easily touch 0F. The airmass certainly supports it.

My PWS is still out of commission, so I'll have to go by the local mesonet station... never noticed more than a 1 degree discrepancy in the past, luckily

Current temp of 18 with a DP of 0 in Chester, NJ. The incessant talk of pending warmth leaves much to be desired in the main thread. We are in the midst of a strong ENSO; future warmth is to be expected in our area unfortunately. I'm hoping other teleconnectors balance the strength of the Pac out. We have a long way to go.

Archived