Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2015/16

snywx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Patrick

I'm still pulling ticks off me and my dogs... ffs.

yes. horrible this year. went for a walk for about a quarter mile and walked through literally a 5 foot patch of grass and had them all over my sneakers. wow.

55 degrees 12/12 at almost 8pm. unreal.

Haha that's what I've been doing the last few days. All of the things I've been doing half assed the last few years are getting done. Driveway widening (by hand!,) cutting and splitting the trees that came down in Irene and Sandy, next will be cutting up a 25 year old above ground pool and getting that flat spot ready to be a garden in the spring.

Aahh unemployment :(

This is my 11th winter season in my current location and the latest date of my first below freezing day is 12/18/11, I say that record is in jeopardy this year needless to say.

Folks are already getting giddy...

The sky conditions with the haze reminds me of the times we hit 102

Could this be the first snowless winter? The earliest start to the growing season?

Guest Patrick

That makes 4 then, LOL.  Although I'm sure you're enjoying saving on heating costs this season even more than I am.

heating oil is down to $1.56/gallon @ 300 gallons... fill er up.

haven't had the burner come on in four straight days up here. sitting at 58*

Aside from three people in the NY forum I can think of, you can't back that up :-)

Hah, my guess is that more people jump on the "this sucks" bandwagon when it's 65-70F on Christmas Eve. Sure, everyone enjoys negligible heating costs and getting traction when they drive, etc., but bare ground and muggy air on Christmas is a serious buzzkill.

Hah, my guess is that more people jump on the "this sucks" bandwagon when it's 65-70F on Christmas Eve. Sure, everyone enjoys negligible heating costs and getting traction when they drive, etc., but bare ground and muggy air on Christmas is a serious buzzkill.

Last year I had a high of 47 at 11:30pm on 12/24 followed by a high of 58 at 3:34pm on 12/25, those too look in jeopardy.  

Guest Patrick

So lets discuss winter.....16-17...

lol rob.  i've been here long enough to know you are joking.

you can feel the inland bombs coming later this winter.  it's just that kind of year.

That makes 4 then, LOL.  Although I'm sure you're enjoying saving on heating costs this season even more than I am.

Yep.  I checked the level the other day and we still have ~80% of what we got in Sept.  I'm actually rooting for a warm holiday period, heck lets just keep it warm all month.  I've lost six pounds in the last two weeks because I've been able to ride the bike a lot and it sure is nice to be able to dress light rather than the alternative.  The goal is to drop another fifteen by the end of January.

The warmest December ever in NYC was in 2001 when the average temperature was a ridiculously mild for December of 44.1 degrees.

To this point the average temperature this December is 52.0 in NYC.

Not much you can say about that the statistics don't already say, other than enough already, I've really had enough.

Archived