• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 31 - June 2: The Death of New England's So-Called Drought

moneypitmike

Just cleared ASH in their latest ob 20 mins ago so it's right on your doorstep.

yeah, actually if you loop hi res vis imagery you can sort of make it out as a "densification" of the coverage cutting in from the N.

Kinda cool actually.. 

'Specting a 30 F loss during the next ...whatever amount of hours, then another 10 death gasp overnight.  

I'm actually looking forward to the chill a bit.  Not the fact that I am going to have to replant my Cukes and Peps...no.  But the "clearing" out nature of this thing is long over due.  Not just putting much needed water back into the Earth, but even yesterday I'm still getting yellowy pollen accumulations on my wind shield and we're fully leafed... It's like give it a f rest already!  Plus, my house has been perpetually heated to the point where nocturnal does nothing to cool it anymore.  I have an A.C., but don't want to run it if I don't have to; this nice corrective chill will bring things back for a while. 

Super heavy bullet showers popping along the boundary down here in a couple places...  

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is becoming a multiple fabrics stuck to skin day. Heading off to work.

you only got a couple more hours... 4 tops, even down there... And I bet by the time you get to work the grey sky streets have already turns around to the N up there N of Lawrence.  

Progress is slow but steady.

Been checking that site occasionally my self...  

Not to roll eyes ... but man, that reminds me of a pre-icing scenario in the winter.  Where it's 55 F most places, but 31F at Rutland VT, and already 38F and falling as near-by as Nashua.  

Same thing really, just up the latter by a couple of decades...  

We'll get through this.

Not if the GFS has anything to do with it...   That model just can't wait to drill heights down in the E.  At least excuse imaginable... 

It's funny how the Euro operational and the GFS arrive at similar biases different ways.  

The Euro just takes any and all innocuous perturbations in the day 3.5 flows that are up over Manitoba ... including colliding mosquitoes .. and turns them into D 6/7, hemispheric motivating Rossby roll-backs for cryin' out loud.  00z exemplifies this if anyone's curious...  

Meanwhile, the GFS just has a bully N-stream bias all the time... It does really well and gains scores back when the pattern calls for N-stream dominance... But it risks missing warm/hot spells in it's extended trends, tending to dump its own ensemble derived teleconnector suggestion too often. 

Currently the GFS wants us to believe that the N-stream will incur with enough frequency to not have summer, and just be spring until it snows on August 1st apparently... 

Archived