Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

Guest Pamela

Thats interesting to me...at this station, July is the wettest month, with a 30 year avg of 5.20" , by far my wettest month. What is the July avg out that way if you have it?

I know out towards Block Island summers are extremely dry...with a mean July rainfall of under 3.00 inches...at least, the last time I consulted the record book. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know out towards Block Island summers are extremely dry...with a mean July rainfall of under 3.00 inches...at least, the last time I consulted the record book. 

I've been out there a few times, it's dry mid summer-rare for convection to make it out that far before it falls apart

Do you like life down there in the hailstone & sarsaparilla belt?

No complaints yet. We definitely had our share of severe this spring. I missed out on some pretty big hail by not very far, but a tornado went 2 miles from me Memorial Day weekend, I had two severe storms with 60+ mph winds and one hail event at least which had penny sized hail. Not to mention almost 20" of rain in May. Now it's just heat-92 outside right now and 90s expected every day this week.

No complaints yet. We definitely had our share of severe this spring. I missed out on some pretty big hail by not very far, but a tornado went 2 miles from me Memorial Day weekend, I had two severe storms with 60+ mph winds and one hail event at least which had penny sized hail. Not to mention almost 20" of rain in May. Now it's just heat-92 outside right now and 90s expected every day this week.

That higher Texas sun angle must be a real treat.

Imagine that sun angle here...feels hot as it is here even on a 72 degree day

i was outside for maybe 20 minutes yesterday morning without sunscreen and got a burn. It's no joke.

I can't even imagine what the heatwave in India felt like a few weeks back .

I'm just south of Will-Rutgers. It's a dud. No lightning, one rumble of thunder. It's just heavy rain with some gusty winds.

What do you mean a dud? It was obvious that the line was weakening significantly as it was approaching NJ after departing Allentown

Archived