• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter

Texas is in a rain pattern similar to the type of pattern Boston was in this winter giving them all the snow.

Well you know what I mean, the patterns aren't exactly the same.

Don't worry. It won't rain anymore once you make it to Lackland. The Metalman effect! :)

The good news is that it will finally start raining again in Waycross!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man, its dry as a bone outside. There is adjacent construction beside my house and everything is caked in a thick layer of dust and pollen. Pattern looks horrible!!

Above normal for the SE? LOLZ

610prcp.new.gif

That map looks as good as one of their winter temp maps! Always wrong! What's going to suddenly trigger above normal precip in the SE? That soaking pattern in the Southern plains, is locked in like a snowless winter pattern for us

Depending on what your average rainfall for May is and how much you've gotten so far, that map above is not that crazy. The average for May here is 2.23 inches and we've seen 1.59 inches since Sunday. We only need 0.64 inches or more to be above average. I'm pretty sure that map will end up right (at least here). Yesterday and today we got some nice tropical downpours, we got two rounds yesterday, the latter of which that caused some brief flash flooding, brought some nice thunder/lightning.

CLIMATE REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PEACHTREE CITY GA
424 AM EDT TUE MAY 19 2015

...THE ATLANTA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR MAY 18 2015...

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD 1981 TO 2010
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD 1878 TO 2015

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR
NORMAL
TEMPERATURE (F)
YESTERDAY
MAXIMUM 83 1152 AM 92 1996 80 3 62
MINIMUM 69 242 AM 41 1973 61 8 56
AVERAGE 76 71 5 59

PRECIPITATION (IN)
YESTERDAY 1.19 2.77 1886 0.12 1.07 0.09
MONTH TO DATE 1.59 2.23 -0.64 1.80
SINCE MAR 1 12.36 10.40 1.96 10.82
SINCE JAN 1 20.87 19.27 1.60 17.98

0.25" for the entire month of May so far. Unbelievable. This is one of the driest May's I can ever remember. I think Atlanta is the only place in Georgia that has had any appreciable rains this month. It seems like the airport is a magnet for rain in the warm months. Maybe it's because of the heat island ?

0.25" for the entire month of May so far. Unbelievable. This is one of the driest May's I can ever remember.I think Atlanta is the only place in Georgia that has had any appreciable rains this month. It seems like the airport is a magnet for rain in the warm months. Maybe it's because of the heat island ?

Its better than here with 0.00. We average e only 2.25 for May. I didn't realize May was our driest month and June was the wettest month. The switch for rainy season usually turns on around this time of the year.

What's up with these random hit or miss storms ? It's spring not summer ! If I didn't know any better I would think it's July !

It isn't unusual for mid May. I even recall them occurring in April.

Archived