• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter

Thanks :) Im going to go into GIS. Meteorology field is overly saturated with Bachelors and the wait time for someone with a BS is 6mo to 1yr to get a job so ill hold off on that for a bit. 

Congrats! I'm probably going this direction as well (BS in meteorology). Though I may end up more in the geography side of things afterwards.

Already several years of college down, few more to go!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings from Pompton Plains, NJ.  HS Reunion time. #50 Good Lord!!   Easy trip.  Took the western route and avoided all tolls.  557 miles.  According to the car computer I averaged 71 mph for the trip.  Could have done better if the damn young people would have gotten out of my way.

Greetings from Pompton Plains, NJ. HS Reunion time. #50 Good Lord!! Easy trip. Took the western route and avoided all tolls. 557 miles. According to the car computer I averaged 71 mph for the trip. Could have done better if the damn young people would have gotten out of my way.

" get out of my way, sonny!"

Greetings from Pompton Plains, NJ. HS Reunion time. #50 Good Lord!! Easy trip. Took the western route and avoided all tolls. 557 miles. According to the car computer I averaged 71 mph for the trip. Could have done better if the damn young people would have gotten out of my way.

71 is pretty good. Did they have an early bird special at the Golden Corral or something?

Greetings from Pompton Plains, NJ.  HS Reunion time. #50 Good Lord!!   Easy trip.  Took the western route and avoided all tolls.  557 miles.  According to the car computer I averaged 71 mph for the trip.  Could have done better if the damn young people would have gotten out of my way.

Wow, only 557 miles ? It's 925 miles from where I live to Pompton Plains, NJ !

Thanks :) Im going to go into GIS. Meteorology field is overly saturated with Bachelors and the wait time for someone with a BS is 6mo to 1yr to get a job so ill hold off on that for a bit. 

Congratulations and I like your idea of going into GIS field for now!

Lol. Hey got a question for you. Why do Riverbirch trees start dropping leaves at the beginning of summer? Mine do every year.

Not sure. They usually like moister conditions and naturally like to grow near streams and rivers. Could be a little drought stress, hasn't been a whole lot of rain. Could just have a disease, my Bradford was and has the last couple of years, dropped leaves as soon as they came out and before they got full sized and they have brown spots, but it won't die, lol

Not sure. They usually like moister conditions and naturally like to grow near streams and rivers. Could be a little drought stress, hasn't been a whole lot of rain. Could just have a disease, my Bradford was and has the last couple of years, dropped leaves as soon as they came out and before they got full sized and they have brown spots, but it won't die, lol

Hopefully, you'll get a good stiff breeze and finish it off! These trees have been here since we moved in im '03. They seem to do this every year. They don't lose all of them or look bad or anything, but they just start dropping leaves in May or June and it continues throughout the summer.

Ha I made it up till 11:30 last night. It was actually dark outside when I went to bed!

I can't make a full report as of yet.  Last night was just a HSWHTY* cookout get together with "light" spirits.  Tonight is dinner, dancing and, hallelujah, an open bar.

*HSWHTY = Holy shit! What happened to you?

I can't make a full report as of yet. Last night was just a HSWHTY* cookout get together with "light" spirits. Tonight is dinner, dancing and, hallelujah, an open bar.

Y'all need to keep it O'Douls and Arnold Palmers! Don't need to have a bunch of drunk 70-90 something's , raising hell at the Bob Evans early bird dinner! What movie is showing? Cocoon?

:)

I'm not sure I've ever seen the weather pattern change so suddenly and with such extremes. Wettest April in over 35 years and not a drop of rain the first 16 days of May. I wonder if it's ever been this dry the first 16 days of May ?

That's what weather is , averages! Checks and balances, warm and cold, dry and wet, hence the 30 year averages

I can't make a full report as of yet. Last night was just a HSWHTY* cookout get together with "light" spirits. Tonight is dinner, dancing and, hallelujah, an open bar.

Haha! Well, pace yourself. When you haven't been to an open bar in 20 years, it might take a while to get back into the swing of things.

Y'all need to keep it O'Douls and Arnold Palmers! Don't need to have a bunch of drunk 70-90 something's , raising hell at the Bob Evans early bird dinner! What movie is showing? Cocoon?

:)

I'll admit it.  The Cocoon line made me laugh.

Haha! Well, pace yourself. When you haven't been to an open bar in 20 years, it might take a while to get back into the swing of things.

It wasn't a problem.  I was a working musician for many years, including several on tour.  My life was an open bar.

Archived