joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2nd annual spring/summer thread for the mountains

Met1985

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first thing I notice when I got back yesterday was how dry it is. Took a 4-wheeler ride today and the logging roads on my property were dusty. Toe river looks pretty pathetic as well. Not a drop today either. Not drought worthy but a bit thirsty around here at least.

Yeah the past two months we have seen very little rain except in isolated areas.

too much rain will knock off the leaves. They are getting close to "popping". I would say peak is a couple weeks away around 2500 3000' ft.

I was just noticing today that there were quite a few leaves all over the road today. Kind of yellowish brown color. Yeah if we get heavy rain the leaves will take a beating.

Picked up .56 here overnight. Looks to be a dry slot setting up. Nice little rain event but doubt we'll get the 1 to 3 inches they where calling for in my area. Maybe some redevelopment this afternoon. We'll see.

Yeah the way the moisture is rotating in the southern mountains have had the brunt of the rain. I have over an inch of rainfall so far and I'd pouring again.

Even when the radar says it isn't raining here it is. We picked up another 1.5 inches from 6pm last night bringing our grand total to 5 inches. 

Impressive, westmc9th!  I have a brother- and sister-in-law who live in Old Fort, at the base of the mountain.  Nothing like the upslope rain showers from the southeast.  I'd personally prefer upslope snow showers from the northwest, but this type of event is a close second.

Archived