• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2nd annual spring/summer thread for the mountains

Met1985

There's only one reliable way to get up that mountain.

medium800.jpg

LOL! I was informed yesterday that somebody is moving up there full time at the 5500 foot level. I ran into him at my property..he knew who I was from my blog site of all 5hings. He felt he will no trouble unless more than foot of snow on the road.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect. I loved what Hvward did last year for his autumn time-lapse video of WNC so I'm going to try to do the same so I can have something to remember long after my college years here. Wish I can live here forever!

LOL! I was informed yesterday that somebody is moving up there full time at the 5500 foot level. I ran into him at my property..he knew who I was from my blog site of all 5hings. He felt he will no trouble unless more than foot of snow on the road.

That sounds about right. the problem is if it stays cold and that stuff turns to ice.

Looks like our first real significant cool down for September will be knocking on the door this weekend. IT looks short and sweet but pretty typical of this time of the year. As of right now it looks like Sunday could be our coldest day of the season and Monday morning could be our coldest morning of the season. Looks like both Sunday and Monday morning we will have lows in the 40s and possibly some 30s in the best radiation spots. Sunday some areas may not get out of the 50s for highs and low 60s for many.

Looks like our first real significant cool down for September will be knocking on the door this weekend. IT looks short and sweet but pretty typical of this time of the year. As of right now it looks like Sunday could be our coldest day of the season and Monday morning could be our coldest morning of the season. Looks like both Sunday and Monday morning we will have lows in the 40s and possibly some 30s in the best radiation spots. Sunday some areas may not get out of the 50s for highs and low 60s for many.

You can thank Michigan for this pending cool down..it will be coming from our direction! :)

FYI...

So far this year..the high temperature recorded at the 6100 foot level was 74..the low was -27 with approximately 40" of rain..a rather dry year thus far. However, the orthographic rain season starts in October so another 20 to 40" of rain may still fall before the year is over which would make the yearly total respectable.  Recall that nearly 120" of rain fell a couple of years ago.

You can thank Michigan for this pending cool down..it will be coming from our direction! :)

FYI...

So far this year..the high temperature recorded at the 6100 foot level was 74..the low was -27 with approximately 40" of rain..a rather dry year thus far. However, the orthographic rain season starts in October so another 20 to 40" of rain may still fall before the year is over which would make the yearly total respectable. Recall that nearly 120" of rain fell a couple of years ago.

Impressive high and lows for this year. You could see the first frost up your mountain. Yeah I think once El Nino kicks in we are going to see a lot a rainfall. Also I have noticed their is a alot of land for sell near your mountain. Pretty steep price but quite a bit for sell.

Impressive high and lows for this year. You could see the first frost up your mountain. Yeah I think once El Nino kicks in we are going to see a lot a rainfall. Also I have noticed their is a alot of land for sell near your mountain. Pretty steep price but quite a bit for sell.

Usually, they do get a windy cold advection type freeze up there sometime in September.

FYI..link to a few weekend pics from the mountain top.  In general, the storms remained just off in the distance with lots of thunder but very little rain.   Fog moved in and out every few hours.

https://mtlynlowrynorthcarolina.wordpress.com/

Usually, they do get a windy cold advection type freeze up there sometime in September.

FYI..link to a few weekend pics from the mountain top. In general, the storms remained just off in the distance with lots of thunder but very little rain. Fog moved in and out every few hours.

https://mtlynlowrynorthcarolina.wordpress.com/

Beautiful Mike. I'm still looking around Haywood area. The panther creek area, Hemphill area, Fines Creek areas, and the Plotts Balsams area.

Beautiful Mike. I'm still looking around Haywood area. The panther creek area, Hemphill area, Fines Creek areas, and the Plotts Balsams area.

I would recommend my neighbor's place to anyone: http://www.beverly-hanks.com/search/detail/635-Spruce-Patch-Lane-Sylva-NC-28779/561617  (Take a look of the pics..some are amazing.)

It is about a mile high and an easy hike to the top for spectacular weather watching!  He sends me weather reports whenever he is in the area.

I would recommend my neighbor's place to anyone: http://www.beverly-hanks.com/search/detail/635-Spruce-Patch-Lane-Sylva-NC-28779/561617 (Take a look of the pics..some are amazing.)

It is about a mile high and an easy hike to the top for spectacular weather watching! He sends me weather reports whenever he is in the area.

Wow beautiful home and pics.

Archived