Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 storm observations

dmillz25

Guest Pamela

prepostrous.was 3.2 at 6 and I'm 10 min from JFK

See the thing that gets me is its things like this that do such an effective job of distorting the climate record...or the stupid temperatures recorded at the LaGuardia Airport...and then climatologists who don't really know the area end up throwing us into a "sub tropical" climate zone...which is quite simply horse manure...end of story. 

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn I must have literally just missed the heavy stuff to my south. That 7.1 measurement in Marlboro had to have been on the southern end of town near Colts Neck. Like you said though, doesnt matter. Still a great late March snowstorm.

7.1" here for 51.5" on the season. Awesome. Second consecutive 50"+ year.

gee i wonder if this little low is trying to interact with another disturbance swinging thru the great lakes currently.looks like it's trying to do a captcha move on current satellite loops and water vapor loops..

Rgem is showing overnight enhacement with an inverted trough type feature.

Rap, HRRR and Rgem all have it also.

Euro and GFS have shown a semblance of it as well.

48 inches for the winter

4 inches from this storm in my area in Brooklyn, NY. The 3-6 inch calls for NYC were good. Still snowing lightly. It's a winter wonderland outside. Doesn't seem like Spring. It looks like this might not be the last snow of the season. Active pattern will continue.

48 inches for the winter

4 inches from this storm in my area in Brooklyn, NY. The 3-6 inch calls for NYC were good. Still snowing lightly. It's a winter wonderland outside. Doesn't seem like Spring. It looks like this might not be the last snow of the season. Active pattern will continue.

I don't think this is the last-last one of this magnitude probably, but I think given the pattern of crashing troughs into the Northeast that looks to continue, there might be another accumulating snow. 

Guest Pamela

Cold and snow set in in earnest on January 24th...exactly 8 weeks / 56 days ago...has to be the most severe 8 week stretch of cold & snow this area has seen in quite a while. 

Archived