amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Model Discussion for April

Quincy

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you make naked snow Angels in your Napril snow covering this AM? Teleconnections,analogs, weeklies have been signalling the end of month Western Ridge Eastern Trough for a week.

Weeklies don't mean much and are an over used, unfortunate discovery to those that use this forum.

Otherwise I would be realy leery of even the tele's beyond D10 in the middle of spring. 

YEAH, "discovery" ..."found out about"   

English.  wtf are you complaining about now

Weeklies don't mean much and are an over used, unfortunate discovery to those that use this forum.

Otherwise I would be realy leery of even the tele's beyond D10 in the middle of spring. 

Lol, what exactly is unfortunate and what made the weeklies a discovery? Lots of people who are into the weather have been looking at all products before you even graduated high school.

Lol, what exactly is unfortunate and what made the weeklies a discovery? Lots of people who are into the weather have been looking at all products before you even graduated high school.

It's unfortunate because the measured skill of the Weeklies is not that great, but as soon as they indicate a cool appeal to the circulation medium, they are bandied in the usual parade that goes on around here.  

It is, therefore, unfortunate to the value of this forum as any kind of veracious information source, that too many of the enthusiasts ever found out the product exists.

"Lots of people who are into the weather have been looking at all product before you even graduated high school"

?   Okay, ...but that has no bearing on anything presently. Not sure what motivates statements like this when you make them, and you do quite a lot, but if it is any euro product you had in mind?  None existed when I was in High School.... 

It is, therefore, unfortunate to the value of this forum as any kind of veracious information source

Truer was were never spoken. Unless you can ignore the hypersters, understand who has what agenda, can understand a modicum of how to read a model, this forum is mostly useless for the average person to get a solid forecast. I read it for the entertainment value and occasionally get a nugget of info from the few that post who actually have no agenda.

Truer was were never spoken. Unless you can ignore the hypersters, understand who has what agenda, can understand a modicum of how to read a model, this forum is mostly useless for the average person to get a solid forecast. I read it for the entertainment value and occasionally get a nugget of info from the few that post who actually have no agenda.

I think you totally misunderstood what he was saying. He was talking about the Euro weeklies

Lol. No good sir, I didnt misunderstsnd anything tip was trying to get across. Not in the least. ;)

Well that's what this site is for if you want a forecast

http://www.weather.gov/box/

It's a discussion board about weather. I'm sure if you asked someone like myself or any other met a question regarding your backyard (which many do by the way), you'll get a good forecast. 

you are kidding me right. 95% of the Winter we had a better idea of what to expect than anyone in the public because of the great discussions,reviews and understanding of the weather. The agenda line is old untrue and continues to be pushed. I am very well versed in the weather but this is absolutely my first stop to check when looking ahead. Like Scooter said this is a discussion board populated by pros, hobbyists and people with a love for all that is weather. Not Joe blows personal forecast board.

you are kidding me right. 95% of the Winter we had a better idea of what to expect than anyone in the public because of the great discussions,reviews and understanding of the weather. The agenda line is old untrue and continues to be pushed. I am very well versed in the weather but this is absolutely my first stop to check when looking ahead. Like Scooter said this is a discussion board populated by pros, hobbyists and people with a love for all that is weather. Not Joe blows personal forecast board.

Lol.

what he was saying is he's a Met,trust him, don't trust anyone else.

Napril for a while but LR looks crappy

I've never insinuated anything like that... ever. Not on here. Not anywhere else.  This is completely out of my character shed to do so.

You do this constantly .. and you are way off your rocker dude.  Don't f speak for me. It's rude, and particularly annoying when you are flat wrong.  To mention,... immature, petty, and based on some COC-eyed paranoia your carrying around.  

The high pressure is now E of NF/NS, yet still arms all the way back a 1,000 miles to SNE...

This is one of those sub-synoptic scale tuck patterns that's going to rocket BTV to 60 F tomorrow while people in Boston sit patiently waiting for their warm fropa.  

These saturated cold tucks seem to take  ... I wonder if the region gets a cool seclusion over eastern New England tomorrow?  I've seen it before, though rare.  

There's great info to be had on here from pros in the field, but you pay the price having to wade through the incessant detritus of a few who seem to be grandfathered in, and therefore immune to moderation.

There's great info to be had on here from pros in the field, but you pay the price having to wade through the incessant detritus of a few who seem to be grandfathered in, and therefore immune to moderation.

if ZZZ rote meterology is what you desire perhaps the main page is where you should go. Mining info is your gig but please name names of the detritus who by the way keep this board active,fun and interesting. There were some superb threads this year. I would suggest you visit the main page and see what rote boring humorless threads are like.

The discussion and info here is second to none. Very skilled mets take time to give thoughtful analysis on almost every weather event that could impact the Northeast. We also have many amateurs who know there stuff, and add great discussion.

I think people are exaggerating here. The banter is mainly kept in proper threads. If its not 100% of the time, so what? We are human, without some humor and fun interaction this place wouldn't be what it is.

Nothing short of hiring a full time meteorologist for your specific backyard will give you more information then this forum provides

if ZZZ rote meterology is what you desire perhaps the main page is where you should go. Mining info is your gig but please name names of the detritus who by the way keep this board active,fun and interesting. There were some superb threads this year. I would suggest you visit the main page and see what rote boring humorless threads are like.

No objection to humor; it's the infighting, hyping, IMBY-itus  pettiness that that may be "interesting" to a few. But for the vast majority with posts not in the mega-thousands, the "interest" wears off fast.

But I concede, it's the price that must be paid apparently, for accessing great info from the knowledgeable ones on here.

I doubt it was your desire to disparage in a backhanded way the main page but that's how your quoted post comes off to me. Many people propose "out of the box" ideas on the main page. The only difference is that the discussion is more civil vs the regional threads. We act like a boys club here and as you know I've expressed my displeasure with the locker room stuff constantly put out by some but I realize that I'm obviously in the minority so I mostly keep quiet about it.

There's no doubt we have some smart mets here and that in turn makes many of us more knowledgeable.

I doubt it was your desire to disparage in a backhanded way the main page but that's how your quoted post comes off to me. Many people propose "out of the box" ideas on the main page. The only difference is that the discussion is more civil vs the regional threads. We act like a boys club here and as you know I've expressed my displeasure with the locker room stuff constantly put out by some but I realize that I'm obviously in the minority so I mostly keep quiet about it.

There's no doubt we have some smart mets here and that in turn makes many of us more knowledgeable.

I'm with you on this,

I'm in Tokyo 45 and raw amazing how the weather in Tokyo has similar trends to the NE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived