• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/20-21 Potential Winter Storm

anthonyweather

NYC is at or below freezing the entire time on the GFS and who cares.

Late March storms usually snow at 32-34 degrees and the accumulations occur under heavy banding.

gfs_T2m_neus_10.png

I'm not arguing that it can snow at 34F, but I don't know what the people saying "colder for the area" and "3-6 on the GFS" are seeing that I am not. 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gfs_T2m_neus_10.png

I'm not arguing that it can snow at 34F, but I don't know what the people saying "colder for the area" and "3-6 on the GFS" are seeing that I am not.

3-6" posts are nothing, there are some calling for 6-10 inches on social media right now for the area lol. The hype starts yet again...

why are you showing surface temps for 18z friday when the bulk of qpf is after that and past the warmest part of the day? Surface temps drop after 18z 

Because hour 57 isn't available on TT. But it is on eWall, and surface T is still above 32F in NYC, and for you in Edison it's 35 at 4pm according to the GFS. I think there's a 4 hour period of solid accumulating snow from 4 to 8pm, but we're going to waste some beforehand, particularly if the onset is delayed at the beginning. 

Paul that map doesn't even make sense if 10:1 was true. The GGEM reads low thirties in southern NJ at dawn, and mid thirties by afternoon, but still manages to accumulate 3-4" south of 195? There's plenty of evidence for a good snow for NYC and surrounding but that map is bunk IMO

It's because the snowfall rates are so heavy. Check the GGEM loop, you can see the dark blue which is heavy snow.

Paul that map doesn't even make sense if 10:1 was true. The GGEM reads low thirties in southern NJ at dawn, and mid thirties by afternoon, but still manages to accumulate 3-4" south of 195? There's plenty of evidence for a good snow for NYC and surrounding but that map is bunk IMO

S of Monmouth that 10 to 1 is wrong ,  Around 78 - 80 KNYC LI and points N and W  its fine . You are likely to see 4 plus in those areas , def just outside the city itself. 

850s -2 BL close to 0c 

We were all ready to jump off a cliff before then.  What a comeback.  This storm could pad the totals nicely.  For my area, BDR could go over 60 inches YTD with this storm if it works out.  LGA needs a 1/2 inch to go over 50.

Delayed but not denied on steroids.

Archived