• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter - Pushing up Tulips

Baroclinic Zone

Why would anyone ever choose to live there?

It's a beautiful state. Not for me unless I was 8500ft up in the Sierra....have you ever been there?

They may have more normal precip next year so who knows. They've had way worse droughts before, but the problem is the population/farming etc is zapping any water away.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a beautiful state. Not for me unless I was 8500ft up in the Sierra....have you ever been there?

They may have more normal precip next year so who knows. They've had way worse droughts before, but the problem is the population/farming etc is zapping any water away.

some interesting stats, CA is a huge place and some areas are much better off than others

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/reservoirs/STORAGE

San Fran and all over San Diego area as I have family on Mission Beach . Went to LA while there too.Also Palm Desert . Fun to visit.. Not to live . For me anyway

San Fran and all over San Diego area as I have family on Mission Beach . Also Palm Desert . Fun to visit.. Not to live . For me anyway

Northern California from Big Sur up and the Pacific Coast highway is gorgeous. San Diego too. I have family in San Diego, Sierra Madre, Sacramento, Mt Shasta, Walnut Creek and West Hollywood. They all love it, I'd have to hide in the Mountains. Although going to the beach and skiing the same day has to be pretty cool

Ginxy and Tamarack were talking about the St John River, ME ice jam in the NNE thread, but this video is pretty cool... time lapse of the ice jam forming.  Of the entire video, the jam happens in about an hour period.  Its impressive how fast that happens if you just step ahead by frame even.  Minutes and its like feet higher. 

https://www.facebook.com/MaineEMA/videos/10152764238211657/

These dews are nice ...dew of 55 makes me long for those hot, sultry summer nights in the not too distant future.  #almostthere

I'm not sure I long for those nights, but definitely noticed some humidity today.  Dew currently 38F, but earlier today when the rain ended it was up in the mid-40s and that was noticable.  It felt moist.  The funny thing is, those same mid-40s dews will feel refreshingly dry in a couple months.

Ginxy and Tamarack were talking about the St John River, ME ice jam in the NNE thread, but this video is pretty cool... time lapse of the ice jam forming.  Of the entire video, the jam happens in about an hour period.  Its impressive how fast that happens if you just step ahead by frame even.  Minutes and its like feet higher. 

https://www.facebook.com/MaineEMA/videos/10152764238211657/

There is also a faint light near the end on the upper right corner. Aurora?

Archived