joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
End of February/ Early March Discussion Thread 2015

Allsnow

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soon just one more week and we should start seeing much milder weather.

Once the EPO/WPO go positive, that's all she wrote, we are going to loose the +PNA in about a week, it's going negative and there will be no AO or NAO help at all, that's pretty clear. There are signs that we may start to loose the EPO/WPO as they creep up toward neutral come the first week of March

Once the EPO/WPO go positive, that's all she wrote, we are going to loose the +PNA in about a week, it's going negative and there will be no AO or NAO help at all, that's pretty clear. There are signs that we may start to loose the EPO/WPO as they creep up toward neutral come the first week of March

I think by mid to late march the pattern should become milder. First half of March looks cold.

I think by mid to late march the pattern should become milder. First half of March looks cold.

We can still stay cold even if we get a -pna, although we will see some SE ridging, and no help from the nao and ao, as long as we still have a -epo/wpo. If we loose the -epo, it's over. It's pretty clear the +pna is leaving us in the near future, the epo/wpo is not so clear, but they will be trending up toward neutral after next weekend

Soon just one more week and we should start seeing much milder weather.

Nice little teaser tomorrow as well we could easily see mid to upper 40s, which will feel like the 70s.

Your climate is similar to mine. Would be shocked if we cracked 40 tomorrow. Your post quality all winter has been horrendous you used to be good. Stop already

I'm alllllllll about a warm march. Let's finish February with a bang. It's been brutal for me as I work outside. Money isn't everything.

By the way you guys need to check out the pics from Atlantic Canada. Makes Boston look week. And if they get the mid week storm too!!!

Haha, I'll sign onto this. Let's crush Feb, and look for record highs for March. I think it would actually be cool if we had a crazy March temp spread, like a low early in the month in the single digits and a high in the 80s

Your climate is similar to mine. Would be shocked if we cracked 40 tomorrow. Your post quality all winter has been horrendous you used to be good. Stop already

I guess I'll just ignore the forecast then. We're also going to get sun tomorrow and temperatures have verified a few degrees higher than forecast with sunshine.

So a forecast high of 43 plus accounting for solar radiation from a late Feb sun angle and west winds would give me probably 46-47F. We'll see if that's wrong.

I guess I'll just ignore the forecast then. We're also going to get sun tomorrow and temperatures have verified a few degrees higher than forecast with sunshine.

So a forecast high of 43 plus accounting for solar radiation from a late Feb sun angle and west winds would give me probably 46-47F. We'll see if that's wrong.

47? That's way too high.

Haha, I'll sign onto this. Let's crush Feb, and look for record highs for March. I think it would actually be cool if we had a crazy March temp spread, like a low early in the month in the single digits and a high in the 80s

It actually can hit the 80's in March. I forget the year, but it wasn't that long ago, we hit the low 80's a few days after st. patrick's day

2012 March was nuts. Some parts of the interior from NNE over to MI/WI got close to 90

I was at killington snow boarding. Went from 100 percent open to only a few trails in 3 days. It was in the 70s at the summit at 4300'!!!! I actually road in a tank top and got a horrible sunburn.

The water rushing off the mountain was nuts the streams were ragging rapids

I was at killington snow boarding. Went from 100 percent open to only a few trails in 3 days. It was in the 70s at the summit at 4300'!!!! I actually road in a tank top and got a horrible sunburn.

The water rushing off the mountain was nuts the streams were ragging rapids

Haha that sounds like good ole Virginia skiing!!

Archived